• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Late Christmas! Thanks Tim, think you're trying to tell me I'm doing too many wings lately.

20150519_142702.jpg

I remember Luc doing a very nice job on resculpting the pointing guy in the German artillery set: http://lucklinkers.nl/figures/ss-artillery-officer.html

Latest Acquisitions

OK so do we have a North Africa campaign coming up anytime? A dusty Dark Yellow job is in order. Hey Ron, that video of the tanker cooking eggs on the fender, was that a PIV?

Latest Acquisitions

OK so do we have a North Africa campaign coming up anytime? A dusty Dark Yellow job is in order. Hey Ron, that video of the tanker cooking eggs on the fender, was that a PIV?

That would be a Panzer II, MP.Can't tell what Ausführung (type/mark) however.
Iron Mike did a great job on his Panzer II.
Here's the video ones more,for the guys who didn't see it:

https://youtu.be/_e_zzCbfjeU

Gr,Ron.

Latest Acquisitions

Missed it by II... :rotf

That looks like one of the tanks that started life as a dark grey but then changed to dark yellow. Wonder if they scrapped off the yellow paint for the cooking surface.

Latest Acquisitions

Gr,Ron.

B) (y) (y)

Latest Acquisitions

Gr,Ron.

I've read that they had a small stove under that fender in order to cook those eggs. I just wish I could remember where I read it. Still, it's a great idea for a diorama.

BYW, I like those older Tamiya figures and kits. Isn't that Artillery Crew Set OOP now?

Cheers from Peter

Latest Acquisitions

Just ran across this deal from Sprue brothers HBS83203 1:32 Hobby Boss IL-2M Sturmovik #83203

Regular price $114 Deal of the day price $79.99 Summer clearance an additional 20% ( $16.00 ) off Getting it for $54.00

WooHoo! :woohoo: Today only guys. 5/19/15

hbs83203.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Warning I think the last post by Heavens Eagle was a virus. Dont read it. I did and all of a sudden my screen changed to Sprue Brothers Deal of the Day and selected it and then added a new book on BTR-60s and checked out using my paypal account. I had no conscious control. After check out it brought me back here. Luckily it is a one shot deal and did not start the whole process over again. I do have a cat that swallowed the canary grin plastered to my face which wont come off though. You have been warned.

:evil: :D :rotf

James

Latest Acquisitions

I got the SB email today talking about the clearance. I didn't find anything that I'm needing for a current project, so I don't have to worry about the virus. Also helps that I don't have the money to get anything anyway, haha.

Latest Acquisitions

I got the SB email today talking about the clearance. I didn't find anything that I'm needing for a current project, so I don't have to worry about the virus. Also helps that I don't have the money to get anything anyway, haha.

THat's my biggest problem... no money! :blush: :bang head

Latest Acquisitions

Just ran across this deal from Sprue brothers HBS83203 1:32 Hobby Boss IL-2M Sturmovik #83203

Regular price $114 Deal of the day price $79.99 Summer clearance an additional 20% ( $16.00 ) off Getting it for $54.00

WooHoo! :woohoo: Today only guys. 5/19/15

hbs83203.jpg

:good:

Latest Acquisitions

I've been following this. I'm not an expert on the heat generated in the desert by the sun on a tank. However, when I was 9 years old in 1950, I went to Fort Bliss, Texas to visit my dad who was in a triple A artillery tank unit. He was a tank commander of an anti aircraft tank that preceded the Duster. I don't remember the military designation. While I was there, I watched Dad fry an egg on the hull. No tricks, no burner underneath, it was so damned hot in the west Texas desert that the armor fried the egg. Here is a photo of me and my dad and little brother in 1950 on that tank. I am standing in the hatch in the drivers seat with the blond hair.

Trust me, it can be done in Texas and so I believe it could be done in the Sahara desert in the 1940s.

Bob

Back