• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Oh My! I had no idea they put floats on an Anson... Looks like something you'd see in the Alaskan bush!

I've been reading up on it Barney, apparently it didn't fly. The Cheetah engines weren't powerful enough to lift it with the floats on. It was only used as a trainer for pilots for the Sunderlands. They used it to practice approaches for tying up to moorings. You wouldn't want to be in a big crosswind in a Sunderland on your first attempt at mooring those big birds!

I agree though, it looks like a bush plane!
Not just Sunderlads They flew a lot of catalinas on the Indian ocean route between Mauritius and Durban

Latest Acquisitions

Can't imagine where these guys might go. :hmmm

hba4b1d0.jpg

:eek:hyeah

Latest Acquisitions

hba4b1d0.jpg

That guy better not be smoking! :smack

At least one of the two guys with the leather flying jackets is supposed to be a pilot, because they have coffee cups in their hands. (You can always tell a pilot, but not much.)

There is a gas torch included in the tool kit in the kit.

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

hba4b1d0.jpg

At least one of the two guys with the leather flying jackets is supposed to be a pilot, because they have coffee cups in their hands. (You can always tell a pilot, but not much.)

Cheers,
Rich

The torch will be cool!

(y)

Latest Acquisitions

hba4b1d0.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

OK, makes sense, but what kit would you use them with at 1/20th scale. The only kits I know of in that scale are car kits!

Latest Acquisitions

Cheers,
Rich

:rotf Where's the guy with a clipboard saying "this bird has to be in the air in 15 minutes!" :rotf :pilot

Latest Acquisitions

hba4b1d0.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

OK, makes sense, but what kit would you use them with at 1/20th scale. The only kits I know of in that scale are car kits!

They are used with SF3D Sci-Fi Models. I just finished a kitbash of the Fledermaus for our "Call To Arms" campaign so I plan to use them there.

DSC02922.JPG

DSC02920.JPG

B)

Latest Acquisitions

hba4b1d0.jpg

Cheers,
Rich
They guy with the torch needs to be lighting the other guy's cigarette.

Latest Acquisitions

hba4b1d0.jpg

Cheers,
Rich
They guy with the torch needs to be lighting the other guy's cigarette.

:rotf I've done that.

Latest Acquisitions

hba4b1d0.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

They are used with SF3D Sci-Fi Models. I just finished a kitbash of the Fledermaus for our "Call To Arms" campaign so I plan to use them there.

DSC02922.JPG

DSC02920.JPG

B)

Ohhhhh! Sorry Terry, I never got into that stuff. Just showed my ignorance! I was aware of the products, just never knew the scale?

Bob

Latest Acquisitions

Ohhhhh! Sorry Terry, I never got into that stuff. Just showed my ignorance! I was aware of the products, just never knew the scale?

Bob

Oh don't be sorry it is rather narrow niche in the modeling world.

Terry B)

Latest Acquisitions

Cheers,
Rich

:rotf Where's the guy with a clipboard saying "this bird has to be in the air in 15 minutes!" :rotf :pilot

Would one of these Mak figures work? I think there's a clipboard there.

MakFig.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

Sorry no pics, but got a new Windsock Datafile for the Sopwith Triplane and the AEG G.IV ready for its release sometime this month.
James

Latest Acquisitions

Picked up my birthday presents today, found some nice things, the hot wire cutter is something i wanted for some time but always forget it when i'm in the store :facepalm

First a nice tank

h0a88d55.JPG

And some soldiers to go with it

heb20a26.JPG

The cutter

h612d0f2.JPG

And some pens in different sizes

hb3fea09.JPG

//Mats

Latest Acquisitions

More goodies from the past month or so. If anybody wants to see some closer pictures let me know or if you want a review that would be fine also.

Some etch for the Revell USS Ward model

Gun barrels for the Ward.

Back