• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

One of my students wrote about the tank as an innovation that seriously changed things... I asked him about male v. Female tanks... He laughed. I told him if he didn't believe me to look it up!

He was teased the rest of the day... "Don't argue with Mr. Millisor about military stuff..."

What about the Hermaphodite tanks? That really interest them.

Cheers from Peter

Latest Acquisitions

Picked this up last weekend, but only just now getting around to get a pic of it. All parts are molded in clear, so it will absolutely be getting lit.

20141120_212807.jpg

I also have a fiber optic Enterprise D in my stash that I've been wanting to light up, but the E-D was also rereleased in a clear version, which I think would make for a better model lit up than trying to drill out all the windows.

Latest Acquisitions

Hey James where did the BV-141 book come from? That is going to be one I should pick up.

Congrats on the WNW aquisition!! Now you need to do a "Opening the box" review for us! :D

Latest Acquisitions

The books came from Valiant Wings Publishing http://www.valiant-wings.co.uk/

I'll try for a review but I'm so far behind already it isnt funny.
James

Latest Acquisitions

Picked this up last weekend, but only just now getting around to get a pic of it. All parts are molded in clear, so it will absolutely be getting lit.

20141120_212807.jpg

I also have a fiber optic Enterprise D in my stash that I've been wanting to light up, but the E-D was also rereleased in a clear version, which I think would make for a better model lit up than trying to drill out all the windows.

I've been tempted by this beastie. Want to take some sprue shots for us and post them :D

Latest Acquisitions

The books came from Valiant Wings Publishing http://www.valiant-wings.co.uk/

I'll try for a review but I'm so far behind already it isnt funny.
James

Thanks James!

BTW did you notice what was in the back ground of your new WNW kit? (The other new kit from WNW) :laugh:

Latest Acquisitions

Sure, I can do that. I'll see if I can get it done some time this weekend.

20141120_212807.jpg

I've been tempted by this beastie. Want to take some sprue shots for us and post them :D

Latest Acquisitions

From Amazon's marketplace. Paid more for shipping than the new book:
An2Book.JPG

From my favorite Hong Kong eBay seller:

Takom2007MitsubishiSUV.JPG

ICM35402OpelBlitz2_5AmbulanceBox.JPG

ICM35536Packard12Box.JPG

I wish I knew this was a post war copy of the Opel Cadet and I may have passed on it. My fault for not doing research. It is a great kit though.
ICM35479MoskovitchBox.JPG

ICM35416AHNbox.JPG

This is a gift, I already have one but it doesn't hurt to have another!
Takom2005BMW.JPG

MSModelsDecals.JPG

MengSPS013BarricadesHiWay.JPG

A gift again. This seller pays attention to what I am buying and offers similar items. The sprues were in a Kinetic kit I bought but still nice to have as they don't include much.
JsWorkPPA4002CheckPointBox.JPG

I like civilians and dogs. This box has them both!
MB35159Snickers.JPG

Diopark3510BritBikes.JPG

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Nice haul Saul, that Packard would be cool to see. Sure we'll have some review photos coming soon. (y)

Latest Acquisitions

Wow, there's some awesome scores here. And all I got was this....

I just picked this up last night at my IPMS meeting. One of the guys wanted to sell it to me to place next to my Saturn V rocket:

Airfix_Apollo_Lunar_Module.jpg

It even has two astronauts inside; I'll be using one to place at the base of my Saturn V when it is done.

Latest Acquisitions

Just got the following kit recently !!!!

DSC02196.JPG

Never can too many Panzer 1's !!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

regards
JOEY

Latest Acquisitions

Saul, could you post some pictures & measurements of the Jersey Barriers in that kit? Got an idea for a Desert Storm check point w/ some figures I've got, and I think those would be almost perfect for what I've got in mind.

Nice to see those coming available. I had been thinking about attempting to make my own out of resin or plaster.

Latest Acquisitions

Got the newest Irbis Miniatures figure yesterday. It is called "Knight at the Cross Roads" and is based on a painting by Russian painter Victor Vasnetsov.

DSC05043.JPG

DSC05044.JPG

Based on this painting (from Wiki)

800px-Victor_Vasnetsov_-_Knight_at_the_Crossroads_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

And some new decals by Star.

DSC05045.JPG

James

Back