• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

:smack
How much did you have to shell out on this? I've been looking for this one quite some time, but the prices have been horrible.

Wich one you mean Magnus? :idonno
the Classic Airframes late SM79 Sparviero was the one I have been searching for. I have the early already, but i would like to find the late one as well.

Hi Magnus,

I offered $90 US on Ebay and got it. Came to just over $100 US with shipping.

Not cheap!

Latest Acquisitions

A pair of Digby's.

Digby.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks! It's a bit to much for me. It's not extreme, but still too much for me. It's a nice kit, but as all Classic Airframes kits, it will probably never be my first choice for a fun and easy build, which in the end means that I will have it in the stash until either the kit or I retire..... :D

Latest Acquisitions

While not model related, it is posted here to teach everyone a lesson!

While in Freeport, Maine, we visited the outlets. One of them was Coach, famous for handbags. We were simply 'looking.'

I found a bag that looked as though leather bicycle shorts had the waist sewn shut, straps and zippers added to the legs, and a zippered crotch.

Trying to be funny, I showed it to the wife and how ridiculous it is for anyone to spend $598.00 USD.

CoachBicycleShorts252520001.JPG

CoachBicycleShorts252520002.JPG

CoachBicycleShorts252520003.JPG

CoachBicycleShorts252520004.JPG

Well, she saw it and fell in love! Luckily, there was a 50% off sale plus I got another coupon on it so my wallet was lightened by $160USD (which counts as my 19th Anniversary gift to her).

Lesson learned, shut your mouth around these things!

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

While not model related, it is posted here to teach everyone a lesson ! So my wallet was lightened by $160USD (which counts as my 19th Anniversary gift to her). Lesson learned, shut your mouth around these things!

;) I'm just shocked that it's taken you 19 years to learn that :tomato

Ian

Latest Acquisitions

B)

Saul, Saul... This is kismet. You get model kits, she gets $600 bags. :dance

Just be happy she didn't decide it was time for a Maybach

Latest Acquisitions

Saul, I always keep my mouth shut when shopping with the wife!

Well, I went out shopping today for some more paint that i needed to get things done. In the process, I picked up a few more things.

First of all, I figured it was time to pick up some models I had being held for me at the LHS.

These are all in 1/72 scale:

UM Models British Achilles:

UM_Achilles.jpg

Next are two trucks: the Aoshima JGSDF 1.5 ton cargo truck:

Aoshima_JGSDF_Truck.jpg

And finally the RPM Mack AC Bulldog:

MACK_AC_Bulldog.jpg

Driving home, I realized that I also needed some new hoses, connectors and other accessories for my airbrushes. So, a quick stop to Coast Airbrush to pick up these:

LA_Airbrush_Supplies.jpg

And finally, my compressor is starting to crap out on me so I went to Lowe's to get this:

LA_New_Compressor.jpg

Daddy's gonna have fun this week!

Latest Acquisitions

Dang, Mark. Are you going to start playing with air driven tools? You could run a small factory with that thing!!!!

Back