• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

The big girl arrived today. A 26" x 14" x 5" box packed with 18 sprues of plastic and a 48 page 8" x 12" instruction manual.

Typhoon.jpg

And yes, the canopy has the small crack/flaw were the sprue gate attaches to the canopy bow.

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

I see sharkmouth schemes coming! Even the nightfighter was known to bare them!

Regards,

post some pics of the night fighter with them and maybe Ill consider it.

I have the other 2 cyber hobby kits in the stash and plan to make one a night fighter. There's a good scheme with a black and red mouth Paul, don' have a picture to post but you can find it on wings palette

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/318/2/1

Page 2, 3C+DM

Latest Acquisitions

Since I have the same kit in 1/32nd scale, I know they have decals for 3C+EN. However, looking at the photographs, it is actually a BF 110E. Yet, I don't give up so easily!

Armed with the best book on this aircraft:
bf110_20121213-002.jpg

I studied several photographs and even contacted the author, John Vasco. Here is the aircraft in question:

h4164816.jpg

Above and below are Bf 110E-2 D5+ER. note the white E on the leading edge. No radar here.
h670d967.jpg

Bf110_4NJG1_G9HM_Wr_No_438.jpg

Wilhem Herget flew this aircraft in the service of 4./NJG 1 with a sharkmouth which was reminiscent of Bf 110E-2 which he flew while with 7./NJG 3. It is entirely possible that they are the same airframe:
72012_a.jpg

72012_b.jpg

Yet, your model is of the Bf 110D. Now, here it gets interesting. The serial 4384 is for an early E-2 built by Focke-Wulf in April 1941. Finding sharper photographs of another aircraft from the same unit allowed details to be evaluated:
2-58.jpg

1101.jpg

This is what John Vasco had to state:
"The lack of air intake on the gun cowling on the ground in the photo identifies it as a 'D' variant. ...the extended rear fuselage was common to the 'D' variant and to the early 'E' batches coming off the production line."

So, it is how mine will be built.

Other details:[ol]
[li]Wing pitot of an "E" type
[li]Gun cowling has no "E" style intake
[li]Wheels appear to be the smaller "D" type
[li]MG15 cutout has been plated over
[li]It has been retro-fitted with scissor-link to the tailwheel strut.
[/ol]
Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Since I have the same kit in 1/32nd scale, I know they have decals for 3C+EN. However, looking at the photographs, it is actually a BF 110E. Yet, I don't give up so easily!

Armed with the best book on this aircraft:
bf110_20121213-002.jpg

I studied several photographs and even contacted the author, John Vasco. Here is the aircraft in question:

h4164816.jpg

Above and below are Bf 110E-2 D5+ER. note the white E on the leading edge. No radar here.
h670d967.jpg

Bf110_4NJG1_G9HM_Wr_No_438.jpg

Wilhem Herget flew this aircraft in the service of 4./NJG 1 with a sharkmouth which was reminiscent of Bf 110E-2 which he flew while with 7./NJG 3. It is entirely possible that they are the same airframe:
72012_a.jpg

72012_b.jpg

Yet, your model is of the Bf 110D. Now, here it gets interesting. The serial 4384 is for an early E-2 built by Focke-Wulf in April 1941. Finding sharper photographs of another aircraft from the same unit allowed details to be evaluated:
2-58.jpg

1101.jpg

This is what John Vasco had to state:
"The lack of air intake on the gun cowling on the ground in the photo identifies it as a 'D' variant. ...the extended rear fuselage was common to the 'D' variant and to the early 'E' batches coming off the production line."

So, it is how mine will be built.

Other details:[ol]
[li]Wing pitot of an "E" type
[li]Gun cowling has no "E" style intake
[li]Wheels appear to be the smaller "D" type
[li]MG15 cutout has been plated over
[li]It has been retro-fitted with scissor-link to the tailwheel strut.
[/ol]
Regards,

I do have this option as well as others and this is a very informative book,thanks Saul.

Latest Acquisitions

My point is that the aircraft is actually an early E built from a D and may very well have the boat tail.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

here is what the kit has Saul, it has an extended tail section so is that an early E instead of a D? The kit has no other part for the other model of 110.

I also did some deeper looking and found out that this could be a D-3.

Latest Acquisitions

Sh

I see sharkmouth schemes coming! Even the nightfighter was known to bare them!

Regards,

Shalom.

I've often wanted to post an image from a book to this forum but have always run into the pesky "Copyright" thing at the front of the book and the rules here stating not to post anything that has a copyright. Just how do we get around those two things? Just interested because it'd make asking a number of questions or the reply a whole lot easier if an image could be included.

Thanks and cheers.

Latest Acquisitions

here is what the kit has Saul, it has an extended tail section so is that an early E instead of a D?

Sprue A with parts 25-32 are specific to the D. The early E-2 are almost identical to the D-3 so you can keep the long boat tail.

Regards,

Back