• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

A couple of things arrived in the mail today:

I haven't the slightest idea where they came from.... :idonno :idonno :idonno :pp :D

I now have something for the Mustang, mustang, mustang campaign and a P-47 for something different.

Latest Acquisitions

CH149 Conversion Kit arrived to day. Lots of resin, detailed conversion instructions and decals for any RCAF CH149.

Resin.jpg

All for the Airfix Merlin HC.3

boxtop~0.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

jphoto_zps2f747c5b.jpg

hphoto_zps61bbc97e.jpg

I have tried for MONTHS to be good... I am trying to get rid of an entire store room full of kits, but Sunday my sweetie and I went to MAPS (Military Aviation Preservation Society) at the Akron/Canton Arpt and these were calling to me... and with my senior discount they were $8 each... How could i say no?

They also have many more models at equally good prices...

Latest Acquisitions

Got a couple of things in today. My Leopard C2 with Mexas armour, some decals for it and a zu 23.

DSC04282.JPG

Decals front and back.

DSC04283.JPG

DSC04284.JPG

DSC04285.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

jphoto_zps2f747c5b.jpg

hphoto_zps61bbc97e.jpg

I have tried for MONTHS to be good... I am trying to get rid of an entire store room full of kits, but Sunday my sweetie and I went to MAPS (Military Aviation Preservation Society) at the Akron/Canton Arpt and these were calling to me... and with my senior discount they were $8 each... How could i say no?

They also have many more models at equally good prices...

Now those are a couple of classics. I remember building that Zero as a kid. It eventually was filled up with firecrackers and blown up :evil:

Latest Acquisitions

I couldn't resist.....More Resin fresh from the molds!

Nice score. But speaking for myself, I could always resist more resin! There's just something a bit off-putting about it when every time I work with it, I invariably bury the Exacto blade into one of my fingers up to the hilt.

Have fun with that though; I look forward to seeing it built.

Latest Acquisitions

There's just something a bit off-putting about it when every time I work with it, I invariably bury the Exacto blade into one of my fingers up to the hilt.

Why are you using a Hobby knife? You free parts with razor saws. Clean with files and sandpaper. Scrape (not cut) with with the Hobby Knife...

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

There's just something a bit off-putting about it when every time I work with it, I invariably bury the Exacto blade into one of my fingers up to the hilt.

Why are you using a Hobby knife? You free parts with razor saws. Clean with files and sandpaper. Scrape (not cut) with with the Hobby Knife...

Regards,

I use the Hobby Knife when I glue something on crooked and have to remove it for re-gluing. That's usually when it happens. Otherwise, I do exactly as you've described. I always seem to glue something on crooked because a part slips just as the CA glue sets..... :facepalm

Latest Acquisitions

I've started to use epoxy as complement to superglue, and found that it quite often works better.

Latest Acquisitions

I use the Hobby Knife when I glue something on crooked and have to remove it for re-gluing. That's usually when it happens. Otherwise, I do exactly as you've described. I always seem to glue something on crooked because a part slips just as the CA glue sets..... :facepalm

Then you should stock up on Debonder. Acetone (nail polish remover) works well.

Regards,

Back