• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Gerry, I'm thrilled to see you posting here again! Great scores man, I'm looking forward to seeing them started.

Great score Paul! The extras being free sure helps.

In a few days I should be able to post my acquisitions from the Nationals. Stay tuned.

Can't wait for that Mark ...... And thanks for the Welcome .... New for Me today ....

heeb33a9.jpg

hf6ee4d7.jpg

hc71e61b.jpg

Thanks all I received my Air Gauge & bought a welder ....

Latest Acquisitions

Nice Scores Jeff, Saul with all that AM that spit is going to Rock !!! James I see your amassing some very nice Artillery !!!

I seem to have come up on a F-4 Score !!! .... :pilot :pilot :pilot

hb836ded.jpg

h36af4c6.jpg

he09b73a.jpg

One of my F-4's plus the corrected decal set & set of resin wheels ....

hda48717.jpg

F-4E

h28ce1ef.jpg

F-4C

hc104457.jpg

hd14f4d9.jpg

F-4J Showtime 100 with Pylon set ...

h4a67afa.jpg

1/48 Lengends pit for Monagram .... and

h00c7faf.jpg

1/32 Revell F4j ....

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks Luiz ..... F-4's are getting hard to find .... If I build one it will be the 1/32

I've always loved Me a F-4 .... I saw the T-birds flying them back in the Day .... very impressive plane :pilot

Latest Acquisitions

Bought for $15 shipped on FB marketplace. Arrived yesterday.....still in wrap!!!
h3ff9b45.jpeg

ha0360e6.jpeg

Latest Acquisitions

While away I got a bunch of paint and glue as well as some plastic and brass shims. No pics because thats boring stuff. But I also picked up some kits Maus was holding for me. Now I am just waiting on 2 more Pz IIIs of which one is a paper panzer and I will be kept busy for a bit. The paper panzer is very interesting because the mated a Pz III Ausf. J chassis with a Pz IV F2 turret. Cant wait to see it.

hbfb8fb4.JPG

h963d3e0.JPG

h908c701.JPG

h5a9d623.JPG

he3e0a85.JPG

Latest Acquisitions

:yipee
finally got my pre-order for the Red Baron special release Albatross DV in the mail.............
20180820_181841.jpg

and for the second time with Wingnuts they included a free soft cover book, of course on Richthofen. :good:

20180820_181855.jpg

only problem being I had already bought this 2 years ago. :huh:
Oh well, they are very good with their customer loyalty stuff. I recieved a book on the Sopwith Camel from them about a year ago and didn't even order one!
Though I suppose I have spent about $3000 or more with them already. I think they keep a record of your purchase history and send a present every now and then if you spend way to much money on their models :laugh:

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

Looks good Ian! (y)

I was tempted for that book but already have way too many of the D.V kits. Am now tight on cash and couldn't justify it.

Latest Acquisitions

I ordered these from CultTVman. They came in a short while back, just have not been up to posting much lately.

Aq-261.jpg

Aq-262.jpg

Aq-263.jpg

Aq-264.jpg

I am going to try and find some glass polish as the dome has some blemishes that need to be worked out. As is it is better than the plastic one previously. That is the main reason I finally bought the big robot kit.

Latest Acquisitions

Nice score Paul! I'll be looking forward to seeing those built.

Now here's my latest haul from the Nationals, AMPS and IPMS meetings. I had thought I had posted this, but apparently it didn't go through.

This will be a long post so hang in there...

I'll start with a model that was sent to me sometime before Comicon by someone who wants me to build for him on commission. He asked that I fold the wings:

Dragon_F6F-5N_Hellcat.jpg

Meanwhile, at the San Diego Comicon I was able to get the Comicon Exclusive B-wing fighter in 1/72 scale from Bandai:

Bandai_B-wing_Starfighter_SDCC_Exclusive.jpg

I had also picked up a bunch of stuff related the old Firefly TV series but that ain't model related so we'll save that for another Forums........

This is one of the first models I purchased at the Nationals. There was a kid who was holding it and I told him it was a very good model. He would only need to watch out for the delicate suspension parts but it would still be an excellent model for him. He decided to put it back for something a bit more modern and so I bought it after I was sure he didn't want it:

Attack_Tatra_T-111_Heavy_Truck.jpg

I picked these up from Brewer Brothers, I got the whole bunch for only $20.00:

ICM_Soviet_Air_Base_Equipment.jpg

ESCI_Modern_War_Accessories.jpg

These are the models I got from John's Models from Pensacola. He is a great guy and sold me all these for one very good price.

This first one has two whole models inside:

Roden_Opal_Maultier.jpg

RPM_Staghound_Mk_II.jpg

Revell_Sd_Kfz_9_FAMO.jpg

This one and a couple other "Quick Build" models will go to Hobby Day for some kids to build if they want to; or I'll build it for my game I have stored there at the Hobby Day Hall:

Zvezda_Soviet_T-34_.jpg

This was one of a couple models in this group I really wanted as I haven't got the -m version:

Trumpeter_JS-3m_Tank.jpg

Revell_PzKpfw_VI_Tiger_I_Ausf_E.jpg

This one is actually an ESCI T-62 inside that has been heavily modified but unfinished. That's why there's no roadwheels inside:

PST_T-55_Tank.jpg

I'll keep this and build it since there isn't a KV-1C in my collection. I like the camouflage pattern on it:

PST_KV-1C_Heavy_Tank.jpg

Italeri_Jagdtiger_Sd_Kfz_186.jpg

Italeri_Churchill_Mk_III.jpg

I'm not sure about this one; I'll probably sell it:

Armo_GAZ_69_Jeep_Resin_Kit.jpg

Airfix_Cromwell_IV_Tank.jpg

AER_PARM-2_Soviet_Airfield_Repair_Truck.jpg

Overall, not a bad haul from John.

The rest of these are models I purchased from various vendors throughout the room...

I wanted these because you can't have enough weapons sets:

Hasegawa_US_Aircraft_Weapon_Sets.jpg

This was one of my "Must Have" models that I was specifically looking for at the Nationals:

Roden_Fairchild_C-123B_Provider.jpg

This was the second "Must Have" model I was specifically looking for as well:

Hasegawa_F-16I_Fighting_Falcon.jpg

Those were the only two "Must Have" models I found that whole time.

This next one was unique enough I had to get it:

Military_Wheels_SG-122.jpg

These two were exceptionally pleasant surprises that I found. I was even more thrilled that they were in 1/72 scale! They will look great next to my 1/72 scale Saturn V and my 1/72 scale Space Shuttle with Boosters:

Horizon_Models_Convair_SM-65D_Atlas.jpg

Horizon_Models_Mercury_Redstone.jpg

These were purchased from Squadron at the Nationals but got shipped to my house since they didn't have them in stock at the Nationals. I still got the Nationals discount for them too. They arrived two weeks after the convention:

Trumpeter_Russian_SA-6_Anti_Aircraft_Missile.jpg

I plan on making one Russian, and if research shows the Germans had these in service during the re-unification; then the second one will be West German.

Finally these are my raffle prizes from the Nationals. Both of these will be going on the sale pile since the Chinese Fighter is 1/48 scale and the Israeli fuel tanks are for a 1/35th scale kit:

1-48_Bronco_Chinese_J-10_Fighter.jpg

Verlinden_1-35_Israeli_M-113_External_Fuel_Tanks.jpg

I had also picked up a lot of tools and such, but they are all put away and I couldn't remember which ones they are to take pics. So no pics of my tools I bought.

A couple weeks after the Nationals, our AMPS Meeting happened. It was help at Brookhurst Hobbies. Henry gave us a coupon good for that day only to buy one model, get the next two at 50% off each. These are the models I bought with that deal:

Modelcollect_54K6E_Air_Defense_Command_Post.jpg

Italeri_Train_Station.jpg

Trumpeter_DKM_Graf_Zeppelin.jpg

Finally, at my IPMS meeting last night, one of my friends and fellow members was selling a number of things to make room for his mother-in-law. I picked up this great set from him to use for basecoats and clearcoats:

Tamiya_Single_Action_Airbrush_Set.jpg

You can see I already have it connected to a hose.

At the end of the night, I won this in the raffle:

Trumpeter_HMS_Queen_Elizabeth_1918.jpg

Okay, that's it. I got a couple more things coming in that I also purchased with the last of my Nationals savings. I'll post them when they come in. Until then, I have a lot of things to start and work on for the interim. Now I need to get back to the 12 models that are inches from being done and get them pushed over the finish line so I can start some of these new jewels.

Thanks for looking in. Stay tuned, more to come.

Latest Acquisitions

Great stuff Mark! I'll have to check out ebay for that B-wing...that's definitely on my want list.

What sort of Firefly stuff did you get?

Latest Acquisitions

Looks good Ian! (y)

I was tempted for that book but already have way too many of the D.V kits. Am now tight on cash and couldn't justify it.
:good: Paul, I cant complain when its a free gift!

Ian.

I will jump on the Sopwith Triplane they are coming out with as I don't have that kit. Hope it holds off for a little while.

The Tripe, DH.2 and Eindecker E.II are scheduled for October release.

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

The only difference i see between your kits and mine is that you got a book with yours. Hmmmm I am jealous now.

Latest Acquisitions

It's an old book, a bit worn. Don't know who's library they dug it out from. Good thing I forgot what I paid for this. :rotf

I'm going to study this and figure out which scheme I wanna do. :pilot

Back