• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Folks, you remember the Catalina I built for my dad earlier late last year ??

h752090e_2015-08-28.JPG

I was asked to join iModeler-dot-com earlier this year, which like MA is a very friendly modelling site; one of the first builds I posed there was the Catalina complete with the back-story etc. I wasn't aware of it then, but there is a prize given each month, not necessarily for the best model, but entirely disgretionally by the site-runners. And for July, my Catalina won.

My 'prize' arrived yesterday:

h9382321.jpg

This is the all-new tooling from Airfix of their 1:48 Spit Vb, and it quite simply is one of the very best new kits that I've seen in years. It bodes very well for the upcoming Meteor F8 (an absolute must-buy for me) and the Defiant.

In my opinion, Airfix/Hornby are right up there with Revell in terms of sheer VFM nowadays and in many respects (instructions, boxing etc), excel them.

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

Some nice work on the Cat. Airfix have definitely improved in the last few Years. Now if only they will do some updated 600 Scale Ships I will be a happy Man.....Cheers mark

Latest Acquisitions

Never built a ship kit, but I loved the Roy Cross box art for the Ajax and the Warspite, they were simply wonderful.

Latest Acquisitions

This is the all-new tooling from Airfix of their 1:48 Spit Vb, and it quite simply is one of the very best new kits that I've seen in years. It bodes very well for the upcoming Meteor F8 (an absolute must-buy for me) and the Defiant.

In my opinion, Airfix/Hornby are right up there with Revell in terms of sheer VFM nowadays and in many respects (instructions, boxing etc), excel them.

Ian.

Congrats Ian, looking forward to seeing it built. :pilot

Latest Acquisitions

The new Revell '29 Model A Roadster is out! :yipee

Yes the kit is sweet! :ro:

DSC05765_zpsgs3uikdi.jpg

I can shoot pictures of the trees if anyone would like to see?

Colpar had two yesterday. Now I have two :D

Yes I have a real body here to compare :eek:hyeah

Latest Acquisitions

...Now if only they will do some updated 600 Scale Ships I will be a happy Man.....Cheers mark

Amen to that! I would love to see some new 1/600 scale ships from them!

Ian, well done and congrats on that award. Well earned in my opinion.

Sherman, looking forward to seeing those done; I've always liked the early Fords.

Latest Acquisitions

Folks, you remember the Catalina I built for my dad earlier late last year ??

I was asked to join iModeler-dot-com earlier this year, which like MA is a very friendly modelling site; one of the first builds I posed there was the Catalina complete with the back-story etc. I wasn't aware of it then, but there is a prize given each month, not necessarily for the best model, but entirely disgretionally by the site-runners. And for July, my Catalina won.

h9382321.jpg

Ian.

Nice Kit Ian,

I picked that up myself recently and a conversion kit by Silver CLoud from Freight Dog models to make a floatfire!

Latest Acquisitions

Few things arrived today. My Albion tube replenishment along with some fine rod and the new Connecto parts. Should be interesting to experiment with them.
Also a limber to replace one I managed to screw up, a KZKT-3571 and the newest Aces magazine. This one is about Vietnam.

DSC05783.JPG

DSC05784.JPG

DSC05785.JPG

DSC05786.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

Damn James,

I'd really like to see your stash! It has to be huge! I build the big dios with lots of kits, but I have never had a collection of any size in my life. In fact, I could count the kits I own that are not for a planned diorama on my fingers!

I always browse this forum, as I like to see what's out there, but never post because I rarely buy anything except paint, glue, decals and tools.

Anyway, They look very cool! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Latest Acquisitions

Damn James,

I'd really like to see your stash! It has to be huge! I build the big dios with lots of kits, but I have never had a collection of any size in my life. In fact, I could count the kits I own that are not for a planned diorama on my fingers!

I always browse this forum, as I like to see what's out there, but never post because I rarely buy anything except paint, glue, decals and tools.

Bob
Yes but you have cases and cases of little figurines :woohoo:

Latest Acquisitions

Damn James,

Bob

Its pretty big yes, but with the stuff I give away and or sell it isnt as big as you might think. I could probably have a good start to a model store though lol.
JAmes

Latest Acquisitions

I bought these kits at the IPMS Nationals back in July. I got home last night. I shipped these kits home before I took decent pics of them.

The Comet was a great surprise. $40,plus it came with a metal barrel and two PE frets.
v1_zpszdfz4fee.jpg

v2_zpsqygddvyo.jpg

I am giving some serious thought on putting a 95 mm CS howitzer on it for a what if model.

The 1.5 ton trucks were going for cheap. So were the AMX kit and quad .50.
v3_zpsc7swoswg.jpg

v4_zpsiootu25d.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Back from Barbados and several packages were waiting. Only Bravo 6 sent their packaged by registered mail so I need to pick it up tomorrow as I send out the 32nd scale planes I sold.

Straight from Korea, excellent wheel sets! Not shown but included was a metal gun barrel and resin ventilator domes for the Academy T-34-85 kit.

I will be using one of the wheels from the M-38 set (modify the spare) to put on my California Dreaming M-151A1 gun truck (not forgotten):
DMDW35043DW35044DW35075.JPG

These are also for the Meng pick up trucks:
DMDW35051DW35052.JPG

KP decals which strangely have no instructions nor come in a ZipLoc bag. Yes, I tore the lower right corner opening the envelope. This was an eBay purchase:
KP91170MiG21F.JPG

I hope the aircraft in the background is coming in 32nd scale for James!
Trumpeter01018GaZ66OilTankerBoxArt.JPG

Trumpeter01018GaZ66OilTankerDecals.JPG

The kit I was waiting for! Strangely, the wings are not designed to move. One must choose full swept forward or back and it is missing the radar post needed for this version!
Trumpeter01672Su24MRBoxArt.JPG

Trumpeter01672Su24MRDecals.JPG

I got this to borrow parts for my BMP-1P and noticed how nice the tracks are. I they were guaranteed not to rot, dry out, or break, I would use them:
Trumpeter05585BMP2DBoxArt.JPG

Trumpeter05585BMP2DDecals.JPG

Regards,

Back