• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lafayette Scale Modelers Show June 6, 2015

Thanks for sharing Mike! (y)
Great show indeed!

About the semi naked female figures;it is a real challenge to paint these flesh parts and to get it right,the figures displayed at the show are top notch work.I don't see it as something sexual, but as Art with a capital A. (y)

Gr,Ron.

Funny you should mention that, Ron. Here's Don (Brummbar) at the intersection of T & A a few years ago on the way home from the Kansas City contest.

IMG_6518.JPG

Cracks me up! (y) :drinks

Odd, That. The intersection of T & A is certainly popular with Model Makers. Where's all the Women-people at?
IMG_5407.JPG

IMG_5408.JPG

Rhino & Iron Mike saw it, circa 2012
IMG_5410.JPG

IMG_5411.JPG

A mystery.

Dealing with how to classify nude figures is an ongoing issue, and something that varies from club to club.

The club I'm in has put on several shows over the year, and we always had a rule that any nude figures would be placed in slightly covered area. I agree that non-sexual figures are more art, but knowing that children would be at the show, and everyone has different opinions about that sort of thing, we felt it was better to place them so that they werent in plain view was the better option to keep from having anyone get upset or angry about it.

The problem is it's impossible to satisfy everyone, so we just did what we could try to having as few issues as possible.

Thanks for sharing Mike! (y)
Great show indeed!

About the semi naked female figures;it is a real challenge to paint these flesh parts and to get it right,the figures displayed at the show are top notch work.I don't see it as something sexual, but as Art with a capital A. (y)

Gr,Ron.

Back