• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

King Tiger and crew

Figures ready, now it's time switch to the big cat.
This is the first release of the Kingtiger with Henschel Turret. I's a fine kit, but needs some fine tuning. I prefer straight from the box with minor additions. I added some weld seams, and some etched grills. The vertical plates received a rough texture, simply made with a motor tool. The kit comes with plastic tracks. These are a pain to assemble. They require al lot of time consuming cleaning. I decided to go for Friul. These white metal babies are expensive, but their quality is high!. The road wheels are difficult to line correctly.

h892af8f.JPG

ha6f5ef8.JPG

Base color dark yellow, several layers of thin coats, from dark to lighter tones.
All Tamiya acrylics, some varnish [X22] added for a smooth finish.

hbbb8969.JPG

hd7ba221.JPG

h66e82f9.JPG

Luc is a wizard on almost anything.
He makes it look sooooo easy, but... :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:
Real proud to have him in our gang :notworthy

willem

I've been so busy on other things, I have missed your postings.

Very nice! The figures are great, and the King Tiger is coming along nicely as well!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

More progress of the figures. I painted them using Vallejo acrylics. Colors of the uniforms are based on the painting guides by Calvin Tan and Jaume Ortiz Forns, available through Osprey Publications and on the web. These guys are the major source of inspiration for me!!!.

h86d5e24.JPG

h442cd61.JPG

he76ab70.JPG

hd383a38.JPG

h47dd68b.JPG

More progress of the figures. I painted them using Vallejo acrylics. Colors of the uniforms are based on the painting guides by Calvin Tan and Jaume Ortiz Forns, available through Osprey Publications and on the web. These guys are the major source of inspiration for me!!!.

h86d5e24.JPG

h442cd61.JPG

he76ab70.JPG

hd383a38.JPG

h47dd68b.JPG
AWESOME!

Excellent! :notworthy

Have yet to learn how to paint those uniforms, made some tests, but not even close to this :bang head

//Mats

Back