• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Japanese float plane I started this why?

Plastik Smurff

I found this on my started stack and had start date pic's in my gallery but I have no idea why I started this thing but while waiting for other things to dry I thought I may as well knock it over.

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0627.jpg

IMAG0629.jpg

IMAG0630.jpg

IMAG0631.jpg

IMAG0633.jpg

IMAG0667.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

IMAG0670.jpg

IMAG0671.jpg

Typical Tamiya kit shake an bake light on detail but a nice little thing anyway.

Jap float plane I started this why?

Two year old start date..pretty sure you missed the dead line. :smack

Might have been for the Pacific campaign way back when. You gonna weather it up or is it a museum piece?

Looks cool though (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) . The only Japanese a/c shot down over Canada by a Canadian was a pink Rufe by a 111 Sqn P-40.
James

The only Japanese a/c shot down over Canada by a Canadian was a pink Rufe by a 111 Sqn P-40.
James

That was actually over Kiska.. S/L Boomer of 111 Sqn., made the kill during that squadrons support in the Aleutian Campaign. The US was able to salvage that aircraft for study. Koga, the Japanese pilot had been killed in the initial action. S/L Boomer earned a DFC, but, was KIA at a later date while flying with 418 Sqn., in Europe.
None-the-less, that A6M2 Rufe was the only aerial kill credited to the Home War Establishment in Canada. We did sink a few Atlantic U-boats and downed some Pacific Jap fire balloons, though. :snoopy

Back