• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'm so mad!!!

Hawkwrench

I live in northern ky just across from cincinnati, and wed night a storm system rolled through and dumped 4 inches of rain in 45 minutes!!!
We're talking serious flash flooding. Well, when I woke up thurs morning, our basement had flooded about 7 inches from the storm water coming up through our 2 drains.
To make a long story short, among alot of clothes, tools, and family memories, about 35 to 40 of my paperback books were ruined, about 25 FSM magazines were ruined and I had to throw away about 7 car models. ALL BECAUSE OF STUPID FLOOD WATER!!!!! :vmad :vmad :vmad

Tim

I completely understand but was fortunate that the home had all the storage shelves elevated with only canned goods on the floor. Still ruined the cabinets...

Regards,

I had to throw away about 7 car models.

Why did you have to throw them away? If built, they can be stripped and repainted, if unbuilt, replacement instructions and decals can be had. Unless it was like my issue, where the cabinet collapsed (particle board) and the models tumbled out with parts gone to the Nether World.

Regards,

Bummer.

I'd suggest doing what Mom did several years ago, lots of storage totes.

Bummer.

I'd suggest doing what Mom did several years ago, lots of storage totes.

That's exactly what we did. We went out and bought plastic totes for everything.
I called the city, but as usual, they called it a 100 year storm and so they are not liable.
Imagine that!
The stuff was thrown away because we didn't know if it was straight storm water or sewage. It didn't smell like sewage, but we didn't take any chances. They were NASCAR models that I bought years ago and were just collecting dust, now their collecting mold!

Tim

Sorry to hear of your troubles Tim ... Totes Float unless the mice nibbled a hole, or the continence weight more than the displacement .... :captain :salute

Bummer. I'm sure it's our fault. Everything is our fault. At least that's what the government tells us. Sunny Beaches. Gary

You can buy and install valves similar to a flapper that'll close off the drains if water levels in those drain rises. Ask at a decent plumbing supply store or good home building supply store. IIRC, they're called anti-backup traps or something like that.

Here's a general idea how they work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywYPNmwI2j4

Cheers

Back