• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IL-2 Stormovik

135engineer

Been working on the Accurate miniatures IL-2 in 1/48 scale. I will be posting a series of build pics step by step from the beginning to the weather beaten winter camo of late spring after the winter.
The kit does present some small fit issues but nothing really bad so I wont spend much time on those.......

hda7a531.JPG

hb69ef74.JPG

h5272ec0.JPG

h5663653.JPG

h8c839f5.JPG

h65a0f2f.JPG

hc5cc14e.JPG

h9a14092.JPG

habf604a.JPG

h59ad911.JPG

All in all the cockpit goes together very well and builds up nicely into a good representation of this airframes cockpit.

Thanks guys . Actually have it buttoned up . Done the paint with a heavy chipping and weathering to the winter distemper . Will try to post more pics later.

Been banging away at the IL-2. Its been cold as hell here on the front . We are strugging to keep the Germans running. Late spring will soon turn to summer and we will continue the push .........

h27064ef.JPG

h7871322.JPG

h3f88849.JPG

I chose to do a soft elevated mask this time primarily because I was showing a friend how to do it.
After the mask was applied a earth brown was sprayed each panel was then modulated ......afterwards a heavy salt was used and followed by a varying level of winter white with a spot of dirt here and there

h964b647.JPG

h15ce4e4.JPG

h0d298a3.JPG

h6964256.JPG

Next we will get some legs under the old girl and get her back into the fight against the dreaded invaders.....

I'm going to try your soft edge technique. It came out very nice. I plant to build mine flying over a 75mm PAK 40 gun crew next to a T-34 turret that was blow off in the winter and it's now spring. What color did you use for the interior? Gary

h8252653.JPG

The interior green is actually a medium olive green tinted about 20 percent with a ghost grey to try to replicate that soviet color ..... its a real close match.

Back