• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IDF Water Truck

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
My last day off I did body work on some Model T fenders, I went in and slept for a about 4 hours or so (work schedule had to be changed grave yard to days) I woke up and could not get back to sleep. So I wondered back out to garage. I was going to work on the roadster pu but had enough of working on car stuff. I look around I find some halftrack kits and start playing with a DML M3. I start thinking it would look cool as an IDF fitter one. I know I have an old AEF conversion around. I dig around and find it. Start working on it. I set a side some chassis parts to dry. I look over the conversion kit, and it it way off from the pictures I have of one. :idonno I start thinking well I will just make a SLA halftrack out of it. Well I need to get some styrene to do that. I'm sitting there looking at and still wanting to build something. I remember I saw this water truck in the box with the halftrack kits. I grab it and start gluing. I had the chassis done before I got called into work. Yesterday with another day off I knocked a bit out on it, along with helping out Grace with one off her kits. It is out of the box. I do not think IDF ever had this version, but the paint looks cool. For a kit I did not remember having, it was a lot of fun just to build.

IDF_Water_Truck.jpg

IDF_Water_Truck_28229.jpg

IDF_Water_Truck_28329.jpg

IDF_Water_Truck_28429.jpg

IDF_Water_Truck_28529.jpg

IDF_Water_Truck_28629.jpg

IDF_Water_Truck_28729.jpg

IDF_Water_Truck_28929.jpg

IDF_Water_Truck_281229.jpg

IDF_Water_Truck_281129.jpg

IDF_Water_Truck_281029.jpg

IDF_Water_Truck_281329.jpg