• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IDF 1/35 Huey...Finished

fightnjoe

Yes, you read right.

This is a first. In 35 years I have not even wanted to attempt a Helicopter. After much discussion with a very good buddy, I said I would.

This is entered into an Israeli Defense build on another site. It will be OOB as I see it now.

So here it is. The boxart.

Box-Art_zpsa8c2fe26.jpg

Joe

Joe Builds a .... What???

Yeah what He said Joe ...... although knowing you there isn't any such thing as OOB .... but with the Dragon kit it may not be necessary ..... to add anything ..... :popcorn :good: :geek

Joe Builds a .... What???

Thanks for tuning in.

A plan only lasts until the first shot is fired.

Joe

IDF 1/35 Huey...It Begins

Well after quite a while here is a small update.

The instructions start out working on the interior of the airframe. The pilot and copilot stations as well as the troop station. Going just a bit different than I normally do I started by painting individual parts before gluing them in.

After really two days of on and off work here it sits.

Interior-6_zps7fd591f5.jpg

Interior-5_zpsb94bf4ca.jpg

Interior-7_zps2a8e71d0.jpg

Interior-9_zpsee717b00.jpg

Interior-10_zpsa333ee35.jpg

Interior-8_zpsbee8c917.jpg

Interior-3_zpsdd33acb9.jpg

Interior-4_zps675e3cfc.jpg

Interior-1_zps0244d9d6.jpg

Interior-2_zps6fc10544.jpg

So there is the first real update.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Yes, you read right.

This is a first. In 35 years I have not even wanted to attempt a Helicopter. After much discussion with a very good buddy, I said I would.

This is entered into an Israeli Defense build on another site. It will be OOB as I see it now.

So here it is. The boxart.

Box-Art_zpsa8c2fe26.jpg

Joe
m

Shalom Joe.

The era those paratroops would be fighting in was circa 1982 such as the Peace for Galilee operations.

Cheers from Peter

Nice job so far Joe. The boots on the control sticks and collective would probably be OD canvas or black rubber. :popcorn

IDF 1/35 Huey...Interior Done

Well time for an update.

Slowly and steady making progress. The interior is finished and together. I will start on the fuse next.

Interior-12_zps9bfhuxhn.jpg

Interior-11_zpspq7v6v4v.jpg

Interior-13_zpsiqvcmddu.jpg

Interior-14_zpsml5t8t42.jpg

Comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

IDF 1/35 Huey...Beginning the Fuse

A quick update.

For those of you who look to build this kit. Word of warning. The fuse halves do not match up right. If possible also get a different instrument panel.

The IP is photoetch and really is miserable. It is to be honest one of the worst IP's I have dealt with.

Instrument-Panel-1_zpsypkcu1kx.jpg

Also my experience with this kit is now a bit tainted as I had to fight hard to get the sides to match up and still it left a major seam on the top and bottom.

Fuselage-4_zpsspbmgshn.jpg

Fuselage-2_zpsup0174y0.jpg

Even with that though I did manage to get the fuse together (somewhat) and can proclaim some progress.

Fuselage-1_zpspv4qkvun.jpg

Fuselage-3_zpszla1mriq.jpg

Fuselage-5_zpstaxwof36.jpg

Fuselage-6_zpsqsiuow7n.jpg

There we are. I hope to have a little more done this week.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Back