• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I Bless the Rains Down in Africa Photo Reference

14285359188_092e4f106e_o.jpg

commandomk1egypt1980_usdoddfst8612643.jpg

MiG-17+wreck%237.jpg

00001f21%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

15298039.jpg

soldier-examines-egyptian-spitfire-plane-shot-down-by-jews-on-tel-picture-id50512730

egyptian_t7_dec49.jpg

6325149603_dfb7da2be5_b.jpg

Regards,

Wow, so many vehicles and so many questions as to whom they belong to. I don't recognize 90% of the symbols on these. Still, I found two subjects I can do for this: An LRDG Chevy truck from Dragon and the OT-52 APC for Egypt from ACE. If possible, I might even do both for this.

Thanks for posting all these references and ideas. You truly are a massive support for us all.

Wow, I could really build up my South African Air Force.... if I could only find the decals for them.

Thanks again for posting these.

Wow, I could really build up my South African Air Force.... if I could only find the decals for them.

Are you referring to the funny barbed star with Springbok on them? If so, I may spare a few... PM me your address. I don't have the newer one to spare though (with the eagle instead of Springbok).

Regards,

Are you referring to the funny barbed star with Springbok on them? If so, I may spare a few... PM me your address. I don't have the newer one to spare though (with the eagle instead of Springbok).

Regards,
The original "Barbed Star" is actualy the plan view of the castle in Cape town and we call them castle roundel The modern roundel with outstretched eagle on it is similar to a pointed flower and simbilises both the sun and flowers but we just call it the "Cookie Cutter"

If you are interested in some South African airforce or any of the more Southern African airforces MAV has a large range to choose from Beware though that its just ordinary decal paper even though he has moved to a new printer in the last year So you will have to cut the decals quite closely

http://www.mavdecals.co.za/

I myself have just been waiting on him to settle in the new printer as I need a few decal sets myself. Oooh there is an Angolan Mi Mil I see. :D

Regards,

Thanks. I didn't know they had changed; shows how in touch I am! I would also need unit markings and numbers too if possible. PM inbound....

Dave, thanks for the link. I'll bookmark it for future reference.

Regards,

Thanks. I didn't know they had changed; shows how in touch I am! I would also need unit markings and numbers too if possible. PM inbound....

Dave, thanks for the link. I'll bookmark it for future reference.
here is a bit more it has the difrent roundels etc on the bottom
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_Air_Force

Just want to give a real big THANK YOU!!! to whomever come up with this thread title.
Everytime I see the title, that stupid song gets stuck in my mind.

Tim

Awesome, isn't it? :laugh:

I actually may have gone listening to Toto on YouTube while working after seeing that. B)

Back