• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hound

Chris , ......... love your work man , ............ the whole Dieppe series you've got going is beautiful !!!!

Thanks Cheyenne :laugh:

Here's todys work. A friend has hooked me up with some chevron tyres of the correct size from a Humber kit, so while I wait for those I finished the rest of the build. This involved making the folding roof from stock brass sheet and styrene, and adding a few final details here and there:

4876654867_45011efdcf_z.jpg

4877265190_686f787bf6_z.jpg

4877265334_805b829a7a_z.jpg

4876655293_665021820c_z.jpg

Then I wasted no time in getting some primer on it B)

4876655421_797f04e528_z.jpg

4877265880_415d761dcd_z.jpg

4876655805_37a7f43b10_z.jpg

4876655805_37a7f43b10_z.jpg

4876656047_4310553b53_z.jpg

4877266432_c7bef34ba9_z.jpg

Chris :)

Looks superb Chris ,

I really like those heavily dinged fenders and stowage boxes .

I usually use a really sharp new blade in an Xacto knife and drill out the gun barrels , like on that bren gun by twisting them :) , It makes a conical hole that matches the flare of the muzzle flash hider .

Jenny :kiss:

;) Thanks guys :) Good to have you StuG

OK, research time. I was looking at Dieppe through the Lens again and I noticed tha between 7 Dingos, they have three different tyre types!

They are:
'S' Type (same type as supplied by Tamiya):
HORACE
HELEN
HARE

Chevron type (where the Chevron porms a classic 'V'):
HECTOR
HUNTER

Staggered Chevron (where the sides of the 'V' don not meet, but are staggered)
HOUND

HARRY is unkown, as I can only find the one picture taken from the right rear corner and the right side tyres are burned away

A good modelling buddy sent me some spare chevron pattern tyres of the right size from Bronco's Humber AC kit. These were hollow rubber tyres

I needed a different pattern, and I was concerned about the rubber detriorating (as it is known to do) over time, so I decided early on to use them as a starting point for casting my own

I filled two with milliput and left it 24hrs to fully cure. When this was done, I left one as it was and taking the other one and a new scalpel blade, sliced around the middle of the tyre until the two sides seperated. I then removed the two halves from the mulliput centre, rotated one very slightly and put them back on with CA adhesive so that the pattern was staggered. I ended up with these:

IMG_9085.jpg

A chevron, and a staggered chevron tyre

Next I needed a hub, so I scratched a seperate hube from stock styrene:
IMG_9087.jpg

This has been left seperate, but with the rims I have put in the tyres, slots in very easily like this:
IMG_9088.jpg

These will be sent to the caster, where I've asked for enough of each tyre to do all the dieppe dingos, plus enough hubs :) The wheels took about 4 hours to do, so I certainly don't want to have to keep doing them!

So, this will take a couple of weeks, then we can finish the build and get on with the paint :laugh:

jenny croft wrote:
Looks like a great project , I have both ET etch sets ( fenders & basic ) this kit but have not been able to pick up the old dingo kit yet ! :unsure:
http://etmodel.blogbus.com/logs/42118261.html

Jenny :kiss:

Outstanding sets... This was my first model when I started to do modeling in 2003... what a pity this was not available yet :angry:

Massimo

My wheels came today (y)

I wasted no time in glue-erizing!:
IMG_9455.jpg

IMG_9456.jpg

IMG_9457.jpg

As you can see, I also found some excellent styrene 'U' section and replaced the rear bumper bar

So with all these on, I wasted no time in painting B) First I primed it all again, then I tried something different from my usual preshade and went for more of modulation-style highlights:
IMG_9464.jpg

IMG_9465.jpg

IMG_9466.jpg

More..................................>

Always having suffered from a patience deficit, I waited around 30 minutes before getting the basecoat on. This was a bit dark, so I lightening it with a little white and dark yellow, and immediately added some highlights again:
IMG_9467.jpg

IMG_9468.jpg

IMG_9469.jpg

IMG_9470.jpg

IMG_9473.jpg

Thats all for now. I'll leave that a day or so for the paint to properly settle, then I'll do some details (tyres, interior bits etc) get some Klear on, then add the decals :)

All comments welcome :)

Hmm, maybe this update will be more interesting :unsure:

Once all the previous had settled I added decals and painted in the base colours on the small arms, tyres and everything else:

IMG_9489.jpg

IMG_9490.jpg

IMG_9491.jpg

IMG_9492.jpg

IMG_9494.jpg

I left that to settle overnight then today painted the wheels again in Vallejo German Grey before giving the whole thing two washes, or more precisely two applications of the same wash a couple of hours apart

This wash was made up of black and burned umber oils heavily diluted with Windsor & Newton 'Sansodour' thinners for oils

IMG_9495.jpg

IMG_9496.jpg

IMG_9497.jpg

All comments welcome :)

Chris

Wow Chris, you're almost done and I'm still collecting bits for my build. The scratchbuilding on the interior looks great.

OK, time to give this very popular ( :unsure: ) build to a close

I've given this little one a couple of ariels, a basic base and some matt and its done !

Here's a teaser, I shall post the rest in the showcase section

IMG_9517-1.jpg

dear moderator

now I've finished my build for the GB, can I have my badge please :laugh:

If you're lucky, I might even do another one for the GB before long ;)

Hey Chris , like I said a few posts above , your whole Dieppe series is very cool !!!

Sorry about the badge , the techies are busy replacing hamsters and gizmos in the servers etc. , and we'll get on the badge asap !!!

Looks good Chris, sorry I haven't been able to follow this closely...the photobucket challenge I face and all...

Back