• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hi from Iowa

iowabrit

I followed the link here from PMMS and I'm so glad I did. Seems like a really friendly place and no doubt there are members here (like sharkmouth for instance) who I already know from other sites. I don't really know what I should say here but to summarise, I am a 60 (soon to be 61) year old Brit, living in Iowa. Ex British Army tank commander and mad keen on anything to do with armour. I've been building kits most of my life...ever since my uncle bought me a Renwal M41 Walker Bulldog back in the 60's.....wish I still had it now, theres one on Ebay going for $135 !!! I've stuck a few pics in the gallery so you can get some idea of what I do and I look forward to chatting with you all soon... Happy New Year !!!

Welcome Iowabrit...
Enjoying the sunny warm weather out there :silly:
Sorry I couldn't help myself :evil:
Welcome aboard. I also did the old M-41 (Many years ago).
1st armor kit I built when I moved to New Hampshire
(The summer before the family moved, of course because I was
such a good kid, my Mom sent me to stay with my Aunt and Uncle).
Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking with it...
Again Welcome aboard, I will try and check out your pics.
I'm up here in Sunny Washington State. :laugh:
Enjoy the site and all that goes with it.
Shawn

Welcome, Iowabrit. You'll find TNT is a blast. And hey, there's even a few more of us Iowans here. Joe [Leopard2] and myself are both in the Des Moines area, and Iron Mike is formerly of Iowa.

Checked out the gallery shots, very nice work! Where in Iowa are you?

I'm over the east side.... Monticello, between Cedar Rapids and Dubuque. I went to the Hawkeye Modellers show in 2004 but haven't been back that way since.

ah, well, Surgeon show is this April, and of course we always head up to the Cedar Rapids show. So maybe we'll see ya there!

Hi Iowabrit,

Wellcome aboard! I have found TnT the same way you did and I like here very much... I believe soon you will say the same! ;)
All the best for 2010

Juliano

hey Steve you aint the bloke I met at the Butch O`hare show show are you ?

Welocme to the site,... Andy

Hi Iowabrit.

Welcome to T&T. It is a great place to hang out. With both your old friends that already know you, and all us new friends that you got now.

Gary B)

iowabrit wrote:
To the Surgeon guys, I'm sure we have met, I was judging at the last Lippisch show in CR

Hi Steve,

I think Lippisch show was in Deutchland(near czech border)
I had planned to go to the competition, but I was sick :( :angry:
Maybe this year.

Pavel

Welcome, Iowabrit! Pretty soon we'll have as many Iowans on this site as there is in the Malta connection. Cheers and welcome aboard!

G'day Steve :laugh: ,

We are really glad that you joined us :) , looks like you know loads of regulars anyway and the rest of us are all nice too ! :laugh:

I am just going to check your gallery now .

Jenny :kiss:

Pavel Zabák wrote:
iowabrit wrote:
To the Surgeon guys, I'm sure we have met, I was judging at the last Lippisch show in CR

Hi Steve,

I think Lippisch show was in Deutchland(near czech border)
I had planned to go to the competition, but I was sick :( :angry:
Maybe this year.

Pavel
Pavel, Steve was referring to the show of the IPMS Chapter Alexander Lippisch here in the USA.

Joe

Back