• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Help! Need 4 full-jacket air-cooled .50 cal mgs

Tankbuilder

Hi there.

I have an urgent need for four of the full air-cooled jacket .50 calibre machine guns from the 1/35 scale Academy U.S. Machine Guns Set. Kit number is ADY01384 or 1384 depending where you look. Each set comes with only one of these guns and I don't want to have to buy four of those sets at $7.99 Canadian each just to get those four guns. The guns I want look very similar to the wing-mounted guns on U.S. fighters.

Do any of you happen to have this set and not need that type of gun in it and if so are you willing to part with it?

Another option for me would be to get the guns from a 1/32 scale aircraft model *IF* the barrels have the cooling holes moulded on them as recesses. Do any of you have four of those you can spare?

I don''t have a credit card so ordering on-line from somewhere located outside of Canada is not really an option.

Thanks and cheers from Peter

I possibly have one set in the stash you could have the gun out of it , I will check tomorrow .

As far as the Credit card , it is basically illegal for Blondes to have them :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

What I would reccomend however is to go to your bank and ask for a second account with a Visa debit card and keep a small budgetted amount from your main account , for me and Richie we get all our overtime paid into it and we can use the debit card and buy from overseas places . Look at large retailers like Lucky Models HERE who offer a large range of freight free air mail all over the world . You will be pleasantly surprised at reviewing prices from LHS to these , the card only uses your own finances and in most cases if the items are in stock at the time of ordering is as quick as domestic mail order .

Jenny :kiss:

I have the Academy 1:35 1382 set... Is it the same .50 calibre machine gun item you are after?

1382_20100518_1320385103.jpg

Happy to send it if it suits your needs.

John

tanktrax wrote:
I have the Academy 1:35 1382 set... Is it the same .50 calibre machine gun item you are after?

1382_20100518_1320385103.jpg

Happy to send it if it suits your needs.

John

Hi there John.

No, that isn't the same gun I need. See the jacket with the cooling holes that is attached to the front of the receiver between the changing handle and the ammo box on the gun? That cooling jacket extends all the way to the muzzle on the ones I need.

Thanks and cheers from Peter

jenny croft wrote:
I possibly have one set in the stash you could have the gun out of it , I will check tomorrow .

As far as the Credit card , it is basically illegal for Blondes to have them :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

What I would reccomend however is to go to your bank and ask for a second account with a Visa debit card and keep a small budgetted amount from your main account , for me and Richie we get all our overtime paid into it and we can use the debit card and buy from overseas places . Look at large retailers like Lucky Models HERE who offer a large range of freight free air mail all over the world . You will be pleasantly surprised at reviewing prices from LHS to these , the card only uses your own finances and in most cases if the items are in stock at the time of ordering is as quick as domestic mail order .

Jenny :kiss:

Hi there again Jenny.

Thanks for checking and also thank you for the advice. I'll look into that at the end of the month when I get paid again. I'm on disability so I do need to be careful with my finances.

Cheers from Peter

Hi Peter, I can't offer any help as I don't have the set but I figured I might post a picture of the one you are after the full, barrel length cooling jacket to help in the explanation of what it is you're looking for.

lacys1384_20100518_1026190898.jpg

Ken Abrams wrote:
Hi Peter, I can't offer any help as I don't have the set but I figured I might post a picture of the one you are looking for with the full barrel length cooling jacket to help in the explanation of what it is you're looking for.

lacys1384_20100518_1026190898.jpg

Thanks very much Ken for taking the time to do that for me. It's much appreciated.

Cheers from Peter

Peter,

According to the review on PMMS, there are two of each gun so you would only need two sets to have the four guns needed. If you buy one set, you are halfway there and can trade off the other gun with the different barrels to someone else in return for their aircraft type guns.

Good luck,

sharkmouth wrote:
Peter,

According to the review on PMMS, there are two of each gun so you would only need two sets to have the four guns needed. If you buy one set, you are halfway there and can trade off the other gun with the different barrels to someone else in return for their aircraft type guns.

Good luck,

Hi there Sharkmouth.

If that is correct it would be fantastic. I saw an image that also had one of the sides and I thought it meant that there was just the one gun in the set. I think that I'll get one set and if there are two of each I'll just pick up another set. The .50 calibre ammo belts will come in handy too and so will the .30 calibre ones.

Thanks for the encouraging news.

Cheers from Peter

Here is a link to the review on Perth:
http://perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/academy/acd1384.htm

Regards,

sharkmouth wrote:
Here is a link to the review on Perth:
http://perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/academy/acd1384.htm

Regards,

Hi Sharkmouth

Thank you very much! You have made me very happy!

I looked at the images in that review and indeed there *ARE* 2 of the guns I need per set. That makes things a whole lot less expensive than I had feared they would be. I also did not realize that the receiver covers were separate parts. That opens up many other possible uses, such as clearing a jammed gun on a tank or other vehicle, for the rest of the guns.

Cheers from Peter.

Hey Peter
If you pull up short on a second set, I'd be happy to send you a couple from my set in return maybe for the small ammo boxes for the .50cal?
Let me know mate
Brad

Back