• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/48 HS 129-B3

Phil

My second entry,

DSC_9409xB3.jpg~original

DSC_1987ca.jpg~original

DSC_1988ca.jpg~original

Cool, looking forward to this one ! Good to see you got a replacement barrel for the cannon as the one that is in my kit is crap !

Cheers guys,
yes Gary the kit one is white metal with dimples for holes, not bad but!!

I like them too Warren!
DSC_9004x2000.jpg~original

Ok,getting this one going now, first off the pilot, I had him painted up for another aircraft, he will do as is.
DSC_2064x1.jpg~original

just a very basic IP painted grey with T/S 4 gunze then flat black dials, dry brushed with Humbrol 191 chrome silver, you won't see much of this when all closed up
DSC_2057x1.jpg~original

test fitting the pilot tub to make sure the fuselage halves close up, tacked the 75mm gondola on for to see how it looks.
Barrel treated with Uschi burnishing liquid.
DSC_2074x1.jpg~original

DSC_2067x1.jpg~original

must of rattled some teeth when that went off!!
DSC_2069x1.jpg~original

DSC_2073x1.jpg~original

Thanks guys! hey Geoff, be very care gluing the fuselage halves together, it's tricky! check the pilots tub too, it's a very tight fit in both halves.

getting a bit further, just to give you an idea what I have in mind for this one.

The tree hides the support rod quite good, I have drilled through the centre of the trunk so the rod disappears into the tree, down the trunk and protrudes out of the base , this will then be fixed to a small board.

DSC_2130x1.jpg~original

DSC_2129x1.jpg~original

That's pretty sweet! what sort of rod you using to support that weight? Hope he doesn't clip the wing or it's gonna be a wild ride :pilot

Precision flying there!

K&S Engineering Made in the USA :good: Stainless Steel rod 1.59mm

www.ksmetals.com

Back