• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Has anyone ever ordered from Lucky Models?

Gene

Howdy,

Has anyone ever ordered from Lucky Models? I ordered from them, about a month ago. Part was listed as available but out of stock. Any idea how long it takes to get a part from them?
Thanks!!!!

Howdy Gene, long time no see. Yeah, don't be in a hurry from them.

I think available but out of stock means they show they can still order it from the manufacturer, hopefully. You ordered the part and they are trying to get the part now. Hopefully they are still making the part.

Hi Gene

I have heard both good and bad reviews about luckymodels so if it takes too long to get your stuff then ask for a refund.

I always ask myself before ordering, "Are you feeling lucky?" If I'm in a hurry for anything, if it doesn't say in stock, I keep looking elsewhere. If they don't send you notification of shipment, e-mail them and ask why, that sometimes primes the pump. Have had my share of issues with them, but lately they seem better.

I've been ordering from LM for a good few years now, from 2 different continents.

The key to ordering from them is:
- is you need it urgently look only at the "In Stock" items
- "Available" means they can source it, i.e. it's either not an item they normally hold stock of or are simply out of stock.
- communication: before you place your order send them an email and enquire as to stock levels, and in the case of "available" items what the lead time is or when they expect their next order. And don't be afraid to follow up on your order status once it's placed. I find them really responsive to enquiries (bear the time zone differences in mind - I'm approx 3 hours ahead of them, but you may be 18 hrs behind them...)
- always have them split the order, i.e. send what is in stock. else your "in stock" item may suddenly become "available" while you're waiting on an outstanding item.
- if you have placed your order, they've processed the payment, and you really can't wait any longer (I consider waiting 2 weeks too long), cancel the order for that item and ask for a refund. Personally I take store credit as I know I'll order from them again - that said I've had them refund to my c/card before as well.

HTH

Rudi

Its been the same for me. If something is out of stock but 'available' you may have to wait for their next order to go into the manufacturers, which could be a long time. I've had them cancel orders in the past and just use 'store credit next time I want something. The main thing with LM is the prices....AFV Club kits are SO cheap

Only what is in stock, and if it happens that in the meantime something is not available but was in stock you can always contact them to change order I did it a few times because the demand for some items was high. I never had problems with orders from LM.

All the best!
Dusan.

Hello all. I have mixed reviews about Lucky myself. They are generally pretty good but the available can be a real problem. I even had at least one or two things that had to be canceled after waiting for quite a while.
I think calling them from the US. would be cost prohibitive but they do answer emails in due time. Sorry for the pun but anymore the saying is "do you fell lucky " ...
I try to stick to items that are in stock unless I don't need the items for a while...:popcorn

Cheers, Christian

Order only what is listed "In Stock" and stay away from ordering the newest and most desirable releases. I usually order newer releases from LM only after they have been out for a few months. I wish they would update their inventory systems (like Spruebrothers) I've only had to cancel a few orders due to items being out of stock. I like ordering from LM due to their low prices...you just have to have a little patience at times.

I have ordered from them.... On many occasions! Very happy with the prices.... Especially the free shipping on many manufacturer.... Can save you a bundle at times...

But.... Only order stuff they are showing in stock like many have mentioned!

So far so good with LM.....

Well I received an email from them the other day, my order has been shipped! Now I am in the hurry up & wait mode!! :laugh:

Back