• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Ha, little to fresh for my taste.

Happy Thanksgiving folks!

I got Bird 1 in the oven, about the time I take that one out the next one will go in for deployment later this evening. :soldier

Yes I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving ...... I know I'm very thankful for what has been given to me ...... I asked for my Family to be brought back together ...... As since my Dad Passed about 18 years ago ...... all my Brothers (three) have been so dysfunctional that I couldn't stand it ..... Now One of them called last week ..... Said "we're all getting together at Mom's So this morning I'm very thankful ..... I also Hope all of you Have a very nice Day & the Dallas Cowboys win !!!

"HAPPY THANKSGIVING"

Yes I hope everyone out there that counts this day as a holiday have a wonderful day. Hope those in other parts of the world have many things to be thankful for as well.

Happy Thanksgiving!

:mpup

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

The Bird is in the smoker:

Bird001_zps545d0f4e.jpg

Its like 20 degrees outside so I was going to cook it in the oven, then I remembered that I am a man... :pilot

Hope you guys have a great day • eat too much • drink too much • watch too much sports • build too much models • enjoy yourself waaaaaaay too much :drinks

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

The Bird is in the smoker:

Bird001_zps545d0f4e.jpg

Its like 20 degrees outside so I was going to cook it in the oven, then I remembered that I am a man... :pilot

:rotf you're a cold man...

There was talk of deep frying ours but the cost of oil, to me, is not worth it. Traditional Roast for us. :dude

Yeah, its the cost of the oil plus trying to figure out what to do with over four gallons of used peanut oil that has stopped me from frying a bird for the last few years.

I know I can strain it and store it but its still used oil so it will only last a relatively short duration.

Pro Tip:

That propane burner makes a great redneck garage heater as long as you don't put it near anything flammable.

Happy Thanksgiving to all here. I am truly thankful this Thanksgiving Day for everyone here.

Yesterday I marinated our bird with injections of a mixture of butter, garlic and herb sauce, white wine, a few drops of liquid smoke, and spices and enclosed it in a baking bag. Today we are taking it to my brother-in-law's house for him to bake up. Before that I had a great Thanksgiving Day Mass.

Gobble Gobble!

Carol and I had the Traditional Bob Evan's Turkey Day Special, A neighbor cooked a 35 pound bird for her 23 guests I almost have the modeling room organized. Merging 2 households is a real bitch.

Daughter #2 will be moving in on the 3rd..

Wat I am most thankful for is Carol's love. It has kept me mostly sane since my last tour of the sand box and that is a full time job. I am also grateful for all the friends I have who joke with me and at me... Love you guys....

Now I will lapse back into a food coma...

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here. I am thankful for my wonderful family and friends.

I hope y'all have had a great day- and a happy Turkey Day for us 'muricans! :yipee We feel like we've pulled out of another ditch and come up smilin'- Andi and I both got pretty sick, but we're both doin' fine. Just got back from a great dinner with friends and ready for rest. More bench time soon!

Thanksgiving?...what's that? :idonno

Just kidding folks,there is no Thanksgiving in continental Europe however. :(

Greetings,Ron.

SA Dave: And looked where your ancestors ended up...

Ron: I had a professor at Ohio University who was from Germany, he celebrated VE day as his Thanksgiving day... He was 11 when the war was over and had just been conscripted to fight...

Back