• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Halls Bulldog

I sat down starting sanding and filling and wanted to test fit the canopy...the canopy...where's the canopy?

I looked all over the garage and couldn't find it. I really don't remember if I got it out of the box or not. This might be on hold. :bang head

Dagnabbit :mpup ! :smack Thot we taught ya betta than that!! :bang head :bat :bat

It's right next to the interior of that '57 Ford. :D :idonno

Maybe find another subject at the show this weekend? :soldier :soldier

MP I couldn't see the windscreen on the Bulldog that well but I have a extra Ork Bomber one ... That looks like the one on the cIcada ... You may be able to make it work ... :good:

It's not just a windshield, it's a canopy and frame around the canopy. Fills a major void. I've see the kit on the vendor tables and I've been known to buy 2 kits just to get one finished, ok 3 kits....
Thanks Gerry

TALLY HO!

Found it, was sealed in the plastic sleeve with the decals. Very nice canopy, thick so you can't see in to well so I don't have to worry about lack of detail inside. Had to do some major grinding to get it to fit but fit it does now.

Show's back on. :pilot

TALLY HO!

Found it, was sealed in the plastic sleeve with the decals. Very nice canopy, thick so you can't see in to well so I don't have to worry about lack of detail inside. Had to do some major grinding to get it to fit but fit it does now.

Show's back on. :pilot

Those 4" die grinders work the trick, don't they Bob?
:good: :dude

Well I tried ... I guess that's why you go to a hobby shop so you get one sealed in plastic .... :rotf

:unsure: :idonno they come sealed in plastic?? :blink :tomato

Well the last one I bought ... Even though it was sealed in plastic ... Still missing a piece ... But if your LHS is a flea market or garage sale your on your own ... :rotf

Roger that!! Actually, I had that happen with that Fujimi Skyraider I did. The canopy was MIA. Managed to contact them & got a replacement (y)

Progress!

She's up on her pegs. LOTS of sanding and filling but it's Williams Bro kit so it's not unexpected.

hbdc6915.jpg

h3466479.jpg

hee40363.jpg

The gaps you see at the landing gear fairings is to be expected as they were not rigid and would bounce. I do wonder if someone would call me on it. :idonno

I've test fitted the wings and wing struts, looks like it's a good fit. I'll probably change it to some brass pins for the struts as the locating pins are about useless and it ends up being a butt joint.

Painting is going to be a challenge. :hmmm

Well I stumbled on some photos that has made me take a second look at this.

http://vintageaircraftmuseum.org/aircraft/restoration/hall-springfield-bulldog/

Click on the photos and you'll see the shots. Most noticeable is the exhaust coming out of the cowl. I was guessing it was piped out under the cowl some how, not through. So I've already marked off on the cowl where these holes are (notice they don't have a exhaust port at the 3o'clock position, guess to keep pilot vision clear) but now I need to find some 2.mm brass pipe and get it in.

Also notice how the flaring is at the landing gear fuselage joint...since that's already attached, it may be ignored.

Well I stumbled on some photos that has made me take a second look at this.

http://vintageaircraftmuseum.org/aircraft/restoration/hall-springfield-bulldog/

Click on the photos and you'll see the shots. Most noticeable is the exhaust coming out of the cowl. I was guessing it was piped out under the cowl some how, not through. So I've already marked off on the cowl where these holes are (notice they don't have a exhaust port at the 3o'clock position, guess to keep pilot vision clear) but now I need to find some 2.mm brass pipe and get it in.

Also notice how the flaring is at the landing gear fuselage joint...since that's already attached, it may be ignored.

Yeah, but, ya notice, there's no gap... jus' sayin'... :smack :rotf :tomato

Back