• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Guatemala F-51

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Some shots of the Guatemala F-51 I did for the club build "P-51s" I used Revell P-51D. Fun glad I did it. It is all out of the box. I used tamyia paints on the outside and used silly putty to mask off the camo. All and all its done first airplane in 20 years.

001.jpg

006.jpg

011.jpg

006k.jpg

007k.jpg

009k.jpg

010k.jpg

A Latin Mustang! :cheer:

I like it! Years ago, I built the (then Monogram) kit as a camouflaged Dominican Air Force Mustang with the sharkmouth. I think it is still a great kit out of the box as you have deftly demonstrated.

Regards,

Thanks Sharkmouth!

I was thinking of moving up to the Tamiya Mustangs, but the price of the kit you just can't beat it for a shelf model. Plus I was thinging of doing the version that you did too. So many Mustangs, I like them all.

Great looking 'stang, so many different schemes you could spend a lifetime and not cover them all!!

Tom

Back