• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German WW2 Police Car

jezAU

If anyone can help , looking for pics of cars used by Gestapo which had number plates POL-???? not SS. The only info I found is that they were very dark green (Fir green RAL 6009).
Well I'm thinking of using Nato Black XF69 for a Bronco German light saloon.
Any help would be great.

Jez

The main problem is that most photographs of the period are in black and white, there are a few in colour showing these vehicles but I cannot remember where I have seen them. RAL 6009 is fine to use and indeed, so would any darker shade right up to black itself. One thing to note is this, normal Police cars did use POL on the number plate (so did the Feuerschutzpolizei) however Gestapo cars where not meant to be noticed and would have used standard civilian plates. This can be seen quite nicely on vehicles such as the Citroen Traction Avant used in France during the occupation.

Also if any of you guys wish to use different number plates on your vehicles the following list could be useful:-

WM: Wehrmacht-Marine (Kriegsmarine)
WH: Wehrmacht-Heer
WL: Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe
RP: Reichspost
DR: Deutsche Reichsbahn
Pol: Polizei and Feuerschutzpolizei.
SS: SS-Verfügungstruppen and SS-Wachverbände
OT: Organisation Todt
RK: Reichskommissar
MB: Army Commander Belgium and Northern France
MD: Army Commander Denmark
MF: Army Commander in France
MG: Army Commander in the General Government
MH: Army Commander in Holland
MN: Army Commander in Norway
MO: Army Commander the East
MR: Army Mission Romania
MS: Army Commander South
MU: Army Commander Ukraine
ZB: Civil Administration Belgium and Northern France
ZF: Civil Administration in France
ZO: Civil Vehicles in area of ​​operations East

Excellent information!

Knowing you, a list of the license plates based on Field Posts may come up next!

Regards,

Thanks Dave for the great info, so as this will be set in Berlin I can go with Berlin Civilian Plates.

Berlin civil plates would work just fine (y)

As for license plates based on Field Post numbers, no go on that one folks. Although I will add that standard equipment that came with various vehicles ie boxes, first aid kits etc etc would also have the license number on them.(just the numbers nothing else)

Back