• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gatto sWS General Cargo Version

Just a quick question regarding the sort of timber that would have been used for the tray of this beast, light or dark coloured timber to see through the scratching and wearing in the back.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks Gatto.

Just a quick question regarding the sort of timber that would have been used for the tray of this beast, light or dark coloured timber to see through the scratching and wearing in the back.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks Gatto.

I would think light colored as the vehicles were not all that old :idonno my thoughts

Agree, light as the base.

If you do go for the OOB with fuel / oil drums, then I would add lots of stains. Even circle patterns to show where the drums were prior to unloading them or something like that.

I did mine light followed by heavy weathering of the floor. Being a workshop it's gotta be messy :sick:

Cheers,

Laurence

After building the hardest set of tracks I think I have ever had the misfortune to run into I finally got some undercoat and a base coat of dark yellow on and started painting the tracks.
So far so good.

DSCN2225.JPG

DSCN2226.JPG

DSCN2227.JPG

After building the hardest set of tracks I think I have ever had the misfortune to run into I finally got some undercoat and a base coat of dark yellow on and started painting the tracks.
So far so good.

DSCN2225.JPG

DSCN2226.JPG

DSCN2227.JPG

:soldier

Looking good. :popcorn

Well it's finally finished, I have a heap of equipment to go in the back for a dio but it's not finished yet.

DSCN2258.JPG

DSCN2259.JPG

DSCN2260.JPG

DSCN2261.JPG

DSCN2262.JPG

Back