• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FW 190 A6 - JUST COMPLETED!...Jan 3rd.

FW 190 A6 - Painting...Update Dec.16th

Luiz, those larger bottles, what brand are those?

Bob...these paints are done by MDK , a Brazilian manufacturer of automotive paints that formulate RLM colors...ok?
...first time that I am using them...
Best!

Luiz

FW 190 A6 - Painting...Update Dec.25th

Hi mates...at finally the camo was applied in its preliminar stage...must be done yet:

1 - Correction of some issues (I´ll use the three colors...RLM 75 , 76 and 74) ;

2 - Motling ;

3 - Fading with light colors and

4 - Clear coat for decaling purposes... watch the sequence :

Hope you like it!

Best!

Luiz.

Delicious Luiz, Do tell more about the paint. How do you like it so far? What Medium is it?

Delicious Luiz, Do tell more about the paint. How do you like it so far? What Medium is it?

Dear Bob.

I really enjoyed working with these paints ... they are kind of automotive lacquer ... main advantages: great coverage power and very fast drying :dance ... main disadvantage: very strong smell :java

Best regards!

Luiz.

FW 190 A6 - Painting...Update Dec.26th

Hi all!

...the mottling and the fading effects...

...the next step : the clear coat and the decalling job...see you there!

Luiz,

Dear Bob.

I really enjoyed working with these paints ... they are kind of automotive lacquer ... main advantages: great coverage power and very fast drying :dance ... main disadvantage: very strong smell :java

Best regards!

Luiz.

Hi Luiz ! Looking good (y) . I believe I've heard a fellow Brazilian speak of these paints before . Are they Enamels ?

Cheers, Christian B)

FW 190 A6 - Painting...Update Dec.26th

Hi all!

...the mottling and the fading effects...

...the next step : the clear coat and the decalling job...see you there!

Luiz,

Great work Luiz!
:good:

With the paint being smelly, I'm guessing export to US is going to be impossible.

Dear Bob.

Best regards!

Luiz.

Hi Luiz ! Looking good (y) . I believe I've heard a fellow Brazilian speak of these paints before . Are they Enamels ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Dear Christian and Bob.

These paints are not of the enamel brand...they are Nitrocellulose Lacquer , the same used to paint real cars
...so very dangerous to ship by air mail

Best regards!

Luiz

Dear Bob.

Best regards!

Luiz.

Cheers, Christian B)

Dear Christian and Bob.

These paints are not of the enamel brand...they are Nitrocellulose Lacquer , the same used to paint real cars
...so very dangerous to ship by air mail

Best regards!

Luiz

No wonder they go on so well :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

FW 190 A6 - The Engine,,,

Hi!

...and the engine is ready for instalation...

...now I´m preparing the fuselage black panels...after the exhausts...

Hope you like it!

Luiz.

Back