• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

For you car modelers!

... a dream for every car modeler/ collector...I`m very impressed with the cleaning and organization of this space...

...thanks Bob for sharing with us (y)

Luiz.

Wow , now that's a garage ..... everything in that guys garage looks exactly like everything I don't have in my garage .......... except the garage door ....... got one of those ...........

Very , very cool !!!

Amazed

Did anybody catch that white Corvette? It was a C5 Corvette, built between 1997 and 2004. The front and rear has been customized to look like a C1, the original corvette made between 1953 and 1955, and used the original chrome grill, headlights and taillights. They were all 6 cylinder and only came in white bodies and red interiors. It wasn't until the 1956 version of the C1, equipped with a short block Chevy 265 cubic inch V-8, (And a redesigned body style), that it became really popular. It was a real screamer!

I have been a Corvette fan all my life and I have owned 5 of them, 1962, 1976, 1977, 1993 and my last was a C5, a 1998. I absolutely love the 2014 Sting Ray, the C7. A beautiful machine! Times have changed and so have the prices. I paid $1900 back in '62 for a brand new, triple red 1962 vette. I just saw a new 2014 with a window sticker of $78K, now that's what you call inflation!

Here are some photos. (Don't laugh)
Susan and the C1 in 1966 near Tulsa OK. It was really windy! We had been married less than two months and she had just turned 20 years old!

Me polishing my '76 Stingray. I was in my mid 30s here.

Me again just after I went undercover as a narc with the cocoa 1977. Probably taken in 1978.

Susan and the 1993 triple black Vette with the VLS plates. This was taken in 1995.

And finally, my 1998 C5 with the VLS license plates. Taken in 1998.

Bob

If you still had your original 66 you could have baught 3 of the new ones :hmmm
Now that is better than inflation

If you still had your original 66 you could have baught 3 of the new ones :hmmm
Now that is better than inflation

Hey Dave,

The photo was taken in 1966, the Corvette was a 1962 model. Today, the car I payed $1900 for is going for around $100,000.00. You got that right! I wish I had hung onto it! :yipee

Bpb

Some cool stuff in those photos. I must be odd though because I love the stock stuff so much more then the hot rodded stuff. Was never a fan of cars that were chopped like those Mercuries. Just me though

Some cool stuff in those photos. I must be odd though because I love the stock stuff so much more then the hot rodded stuff. Was never a fan of cars that were chopped like those Mercuries. Just me though

I have always liked both, but historically the ones left stock brought more money when they became antiques. That seems to be changing however. A resurgence in the popularity of the 1950s and 60s custom cars are bringing some big bucks for those chopped and customized rods these days!

Bob

Back