• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Firesmacker's Macross VF-1S Valkyrie CTA 2 Build

First off, this kit is a snap-together and is molded in color so I need to know if its considered a "shake and bake" kit. I don't plan on painting it since I like the color that it already is.

I tried to find a part count but had no luck. It has 11 sprues so, however many it is, its a lot. Also, since not only is it a Gundam, its also basically a Transformer. All of this is way out of my wheelhouse. I've never tried anything like this before. :unsure:

Here it is:

CTA2001_zps4600ae82.jpg

Anyway, I'm going to start in the next couple of days so if the powers that be can let me know if I'm OK to proceed, that would be great.

:hmmm

I think the part count would say it's not shake and bake. What I had in mind with that rule was keeping folks from coming in with these big aircraft that you have to just attach the wings and what not. Would like to see it painted and weathered like you've done before but that's not required. Build as you like. (y)

Some pretty crazy stuff there Jeff. I'm sure Chef would be proud. Looking forward to this and all you other builds for CTA2. :drinks

Back