• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fine Molds 1/48 Ki-10 Perry

Pretty much out-of-box, and one of the easiest biplanes I've ever had the pleasure of building. :) Everything fits and aligns perfectly, the kit's engineering is so good.

Ki10_1000_00.jpg

Ki10_1000_07.jpg

Ki10_1000_08.jpg

Ki10_1000_09.jpg

Oh man that's gorgeous! Love the very subtle weathering, dirt on the wheel skirts. Outstanding. :notworthy

I've been wondering when you'll do an intro for us. :popcorn

I had to look again and now bother you:

Is the rigging and antenna EZ line?

And what the heck is that cross brace thingy on the wing rig and how did you get it there?

I'm dumbfounded by the decaling on the struts, I'm gobsmacked by the rest.

Thanks for the kind words guys, and the nice welcome to the forum :drinks

And what the heck is that cross brace thingy on the wing rig and how did you get it there?

Thanks ausf. The main rigging is done with .005” stainless steel wire, blackened with a marker. The aerial wire, which needed to be finer, is stretched sprue. So are the cross braces, which are attached to the rigging with Future. Getting them in place was... interesting.

Top notch build . I wish they had made a 1/72 version .

Me too, Christian, a Fine Molds 1/72 version would be amazing. However ICM do one in the smaller scale, it's a fairly recent release too so it should be quite nice
thumbs.png

Simply beautiful!

I have thought hard about getting this kit! This build might have convinced me!!

:drinks

Thanks for the kind words guys, and the nice welcome to the forum :drinks

Thanks ausf. The main rigging is done with .005” stainless steel wire, blackened with a marker. The aerial wire, which needed to be finer, is stretched sprue. So are the cross braces, which are attached to the rigging with Future. Getting them in place was... interesting.

Top notch build . I wish they had made a 1/72 version .

Me too, Christian, a Fine Molds 1/72 version would be amazing. However ICM do one in the smaller scale, it's a fairly recent release too so it should be quite nice
thumbs.png

Oh boy, you just gave me cause for research... :hmmm I have a rather ancient Xotic. version but have not looked in the box in years.
Makes me wonder if they are related or if the ICM kit is an entirely new tooling kit ?
I don't suspect the Xotic version would be spectacular but it sure would be nice to have one of these on the self.

After a bit of research, it appears that usk/released the same kit and latter on ICM made their own mold for the KI-10 and then passed it on to Hasegawa.
Sad to say but none come with spats :frantic

Cheers, Christian B)

:eek:hmy: :notworthy
Outstanding model. Very crisp and tight. Wow!
just shows that you don't have to weather to get a fine result that is still interesting to the eye.

Ian.

Again, your friendly comments are much appreciated :)

After a bit of research, it appears that usk/released the same kit and latter on ICM made their own mold for the KI-10 and then passed it on to Hasegawa.
Sad to say but none come with spats

Christian, there's another 1/72 kit out there by Avis which is probably a more challenging build than ICM's but does include wheel spats as an option. There are some sprue shots here.

Ok I tried a Biplane ... ( My Bird of Choice ) Once ... it was a old matchbox kit ... the struts were flimsy and the top wing kept falling off still in a pile on the bench ... could be why I stopped working on it ... :(

Now Yours inspires me to get back to it ... there aren't enough words in the Dictionary to describe this build ....

h36707ee_2016-11-30.gif

Ok I tried a Biplane ... ( My Bird of Choice ) Once ... it was a old matchbox kit ... the struts were flimsy and the top wing kept falling off still in a pile on the bench ... could be why I stopped working on it ... :(

Now Yours inspires me to get back to it ... there aren't enough words in the Dictionary to describe this build ....

h36707ee_2016-11-30.gif

Thanks Swordsman. Believe me, I've trashed plenty of biplane kits over the years too, but this Ki-10 kit is one of the two easiest biplane builds I can remember (the other is the 1/48 Revell Boeing Stearman). Go on, you know you want to...

Well I caved and bought one. Should be here in a week or two from Japan.

Under no circumstances do I expect, nor should anyone else, my results to be anywhere near the caliber of the above, but what the heck, I gotta see this kit. Fine Molds is impressing me to no end after the Cherry Blossom.

I even looked into stainless wire. I have piano wire on hand down to .015", but I think I'm going to order some .005". If nothing else, just to see the UPS guy deliver a five foot plastic tube with basically a steel human hair inside. :D

Back