• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-4B "FEAR THE BONES"

Skinny_Mike

Time to throw my hat into the ring with a black tailed VF-84 Phantom. I’ll be doing F-4B BuNo 151516 which served as the CAG aircraft during the USS Independence Vietnam cruise from May to December 1965. Here’s a shot of the aircraft from the decal sheet.

02.jpg

Planned weapons load will be:
Centerline Fuel Tank
2 AIM-7Es in the aft wells
2 AIM-9Bs, one per wing
2 LAU-3 rocket pods on each inboard pylon
Mk-82s on the out board pylons (Haven’t decided on how many yet..

I'm using a Hasegawa F-4J kit that I will backdate to an F-4B using the Royale Resin conversion. Yes the Academy kit would be much easier but this has been in the stash collecting resin bits for a few years and it will be a bit of a challenge, which I am looking forward to. Here is the kit and some of the goodies…

Post_1_1~7.jpg

And the conversion kit from Royale Resin.

Post_1_2~6.jpg

Here is the list of aftermarket, not all of it is pictured.

Aires F-4B/N Cockpit
Aires F-4B/C/D/N Exhaust Nozzles
Eduard Brassin MERs
Eduard Big Sin AIM-9B/AIM-7E set
AeroBonus LAU-3 Rocket Pods
AeroBonus Wing Pylons for US Navy F-4s
AeroBonus TERs
True Details F-4 US Navy Pylons
Hypersonic Models F-4 Canopy Details Set
Hypersonic Models Martin Baker Mk5 Navy Seats
Rhino Modelworks Intakes
G-Factor Landing Gear
Master Pitot Tubes
Royale Resin F-4B/N Conversion
Vagabond Decals Original Rhinos Part 1 “DEM Bones”
Furball F-4B/N Stencils and Data
Furball F-4 Gear Door Striping

And the time stamped photo..

Post_1_4~5.jpg

I almost started this build a few years back for a phantom group build on ARC, but it never got further then the first post. I hope to get a little further then that!

See you all soon
Mike

From the extensive list of aftermarket parts, it looks like you will be doing quite a bit of work on this model. I look forward to seeing your progress throughout this project.

Cheers,
James

Back