• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-104C, 1/48 Hasegawa

Well, this one is going to go right down to the wire, I lost 3 days in the past week do to other life issues and I found when I went to install the canopy prior to painting that the bang seat sat a bit too high so for the second time I had to bust it loose. All back together now and primed but it's going to be a nail biter.

Well, this ain't gonna make the deadline, four colors to apply and allow time to cure, clear coat,decals and flat coat, fiddly bits and weathering will take a least a week to do. On top of that I don't like Model Masters rendition of medium green (too green) or their 34079 dark green (not dark enough, my FS color chip is nearly black) so I may want to play with those as well. So another one that I procrastinated to long on. It will get done though, never fear !

Not sure what you were expecting to see a post of, me with a frustrated look on my face ? :hmmm I normally don't get caught up in paint color issues but the photo below has been been bugging me. I don't need a lecture on how color photos are not always good references but if you look at the overall photo most of the other colors look as they should but the color of the lighter color color of green which is called out as FS34102 looks more like OD than medium green. Fading, I would think it would fade lighter not darker. It doesn't help that neither of the greens that MM makes comes close to matching the FS colors they are supposed to represent. RLM 70 closer to matching the darker color and that is what I used on my C-123. Since I believe that these aircraft arrived in theater in natural metal and were painted there, the colors may not have been to FS standard and they may have utilized what was available. In any event until I decided what I'm going to do the only color laid down so far is the gray under surface color.

104color.jpg

I see what you mean about the color. I know you'll figure it out. I'll keep watching since your work is always worth the wait. That Starfighter does look good in SEA camouflage; I might have to try and build one like that.

Back