• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Emhar's 1/35th Whippet

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
My entry for a worthy cause. Emhar's 1/35th Whippet "Firefly"

hb0e7433.JPG

MP, will sort out the payment soon.

Cheers,

Laurence

Thank you Gents :notworthy

Model done, prior to priming.

This will be the CAESAR 2 - Lt. C.H. SEWELL who was awarded the Victoria Cross in August 1918.

VC photo as well - freshly baked - literally very hot :vmad

hb718666.JPG

h8680c9e.JPG

Laurence

Thanks Bob - bits still need cleaning but most of the messy stuff is where you can't see it once the tracks are in place - that's my (poor) xcuse :smack

Laurence

Thanks Dave, Terry & Ian - yep, the fun part :D is coming

I have noticed that Emhar's tracks are very stiff, and the parts on this one don't fit as nicely as my other Emhar tank, the female version of the Mk. IV. Lots more filling & filing, cleaning parts etc. THe good news was that the tank has long straight & flat panels which made it easier to work with.

This has to be ready by next Friday though, doesn't give me a lot of time :hmmm

Laurence

Progress pics - VC nearly done, still requires more darkening, tank painted. Minor touches required prior to weathering

hb616762.JPG

h87a3fcf.JPG

Not 100% happy with the VC, the lion looks like an angry pregnant cow but it will have to do I'm afraid. Next time I'll do better, I promise :smack

Laurence

Thanks Gents :notworthy

When you look at it from a reasonable distance it won't show, also because the whole thing is going to be very "raw umber" color, but from upclose it shows a moo-moo rather than the king of the beasts :rotf

Laurence

Story behind this little thingy here:

Lt. Cecil Sewell was awarded the VC posthumously after being killed in August 1918. He saw a tank flipped on the side, door jammed, jumped out, helped opening the door for that lot to get out in time, before it burst into flames. He ran back to his tank under fire, noticed his driver was injured and helped him out. He was fatally shot while doing so. For his acts of bravery he was awarded the Victoria Cross. His tank, CAESAR II is in a museum in England ( Bovington if I am not mistaken).

Progress over the last few days:

- base is almost done, requires minor corrections. Crushed cat litter, washed with raw umber (diluted with rectified turp and another wash with Humbrol Khaki Drill with a tiny bit of white. Wood simulated using Bob's detailed SBS on simulating wood :notworthy

- medal is done (Super Sculpey), in position on a piece of plastic sprayed with Alclad. The portrait was printed on decal paper
- had to use the AB for the Red/White marks on the tank. The decals aren't bad, but it would have been impossible to put them on over so many rivets, bolts, whatever else the brits thought appropriate to put on this tank :tomato

The figure is a Tommy's War kit. Have to turn that soldier into a Lieutenant, a leather strap across the chest and the markings on the epaulets will do. Still have to paint the face though but ain't going to whinge about it after seeing Bob's update on Logistics :woohoo:

Finally, more weathering to be done on the tank. It has already received the raw umber (diluted) treatment and some highlights too but still a bit to do on it. Tracks are only burnt Sienna for now.

h6b29af9.JPG

Thanks for looking,

Laurence

Back