• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Conversion........... Panther IV

Mike:

That Pz IV Panther conversion will be quite an interesting build. Can't wait to see how it builds up. Very cool.

Dave W.

Help the needy- I'm missing something here...just what will be the final outcome of this conversion?

Look up 3 posts KD and you'll see it.

Hows this coming Mike? I have the Dragon kit but havent started it yet. Have the T-34 Flakveirling too and one day would like to get them all together. Looking forward to your build.
James

One thing that I noticed was the upper hull you show, with the crew area (transmission access) hatch missing, is from an Ausf. G.

Indeed the real vehicle was an Ausf. D which was converted to a Bergepanzer (later Bergepanther) by removing the turret. The hull of the Ausf A would work well for this purpose. The turret was then bolted onto the upper hull of the Panther.

Dragon, under the CyberHobby label, released this subject but it is far better to make it oneself when the parts are already in the stash.

Regards,

MIKE ,

Great undertaking of this Vaunted Panther !! It was used by th 653rd. s.Pz.Jgr.Abtl. it was th XO's tank & the Pz IV G Turret was bolted on. There is some Great reference in the Karl Heinz-Munch book - Combat History of the 653rd. I did a build of Cyberhobby/Dragon's a while ago on here, but I can't seem to find it. Here's th build over on Our Sister site - SMA - with a bit of History

- http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,1794.0.html

Saul is correct about it being a D converted into a Berge-Panther. Once that was obsolete they bolted a Pz IV G turret on it . Although with th pictures that I have seen ( there are only 2 in existence) there were No turret numbers nor Zimmerit.

:erik

Although with th pictures that I have seen ( there are only 2 in existence) there were No turret numbers nor Zimmerit.

Erik,

There are actually three photographs. One in use and the suspension is seen in action while the other two the subject appears on a flatcar. One is a close up and the second is further away at almost the same angle which makes many conclude that it is the same image but cropped. Telling is that in the close up, the right Bosch light is seen but not in the one with the Porsche Tiger command tank.

Regards,

Back