• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon 1/72 StuG IV w/Zimmerit

Viper_MP

My buddy Joe [Leopardman} got this StuG in the raffle at Rochester, MN. I got the two PE sets to go with it. So a bit of trading later, I had the StuG. The PE sets were exterior and Zimmerit. The exterior one included Shurzen. After some research, I was unable to find any references of StuG IV's with zimmerit AND shurzen. So, having never done PE zimmerit, I opted to go that route. After a LOT of work, all the PE was in place. Let me tell you, those panels fit perfectly. No play room. So here it is with all the PE put on a ready for paint.

DSCN2333.jpg

DSCN2334.jpg

DSCN2335.jpg

DSCN2336.jpg

DSCN2337.jpg

DSCN2338.jpg

The last one is with a StuG III i did last year. The StuG IV is done, just need to get pics later today.

Wow, Rob! Those both look great! You proved that brass is not a four letter word! Now, on to the paint booth!! :ro:

Wow those are fantastic models. Don't forget about the braill scale build in May.

Terry :woohoo:

those are great looking stugs rob!

the only problem is that you glued the suspension on the wrong way! the springs should face to the rear! maybe you can repair that?

LOL. wish one of the guys at the meetings had pointed that out. Anyway, no, sadly the model is already done and actually won yesterday at Omacon '10. guess the judges didn't notice either. lol

Hi Rob,

Beautifull build, but serious 1/72?? Putting a huge coin next to it doesn't fool me :silly:

Great build! Please show some pics of the finished StuG IV??

Cheers Erik

Another tank with zimmerit>!! .... I can not nearly resist to make one!!

Impressive assembling work with that zimmerit ... painting camo is very atractive and well executed ... nice!

Back