• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Panther G Late Production

Primer gets to dry overnight then the Green base color unless I hear something different before hand.

Another great day in the Ozarks
Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Looks good Tony! I like the stance.
Thanks for letting us come along for the ride.
Have a great day in the O's.

Cheers,

Bill

After thought/question. Do you ever glue the fruil tracks in anyway after you are all done? (Like where the road wheels contact the ground treads perhaps?). The reason I ask is, I have done one set (to completion), (Tamiya 35(t)) and when I pick it up to move it, the tracks bag out and I have to reset the road wheels on them (kind of like putting HO rail cars back on the tracks). Not a big deal, and I like the extra slack 'cause it looks good on the top rollers... just wondering. :hmmm

No glue Bill,once finished I put them some place out of the way and never touch them again but that is a thought. :hmmm

I would like to see it a little lower toward the rear myself.

You're Welcome,I have nothing to hide so why not. :D

Hi Tony,
as discussed here are the schemes that you can apply to the panther version you have chosen - M.A.N.final production, last station steel wheel, turret cammo loops, AA mg ring replaced with post, Flammenvernichter with forged armoured exhaust elbows and 665MM rear idler (never fitted to Daimler Benz prod. vehicles).
Reference info all derived from ' PANTHER external appearance and design changes' (Abteilung 502).

:woohoo:
Both of these vehicles are base coated in olive green at the factory with other camouflage then applied over the top (still at the factory).
MAN Panther April 1945 -small number produced in this new camouflage pattern with very tightly spayed edges to the colors.
20170510_190113.jpg

20170510_190122.jpg

MAN Panther April 1945 - final scheme 15 -20 vehicles produced.
20170510_190056.jpg

20170510_190103.jpg

Ian.

Much appreciated Ian :notworthy

I read about the #2 scheme on the net and that's the one I had in mind to do but had no idea what it might of looked like.

Also if they ran out of the Brown,Panzer Grey/Gray was authorized to be used but researcher don't think it ever was.

Again Much Thanks my friend

Wow that is just incredible work. I need to hang out with you and learn, those 2 paint schemes are super-cool!

Paint

Over the Gray Black primer I sprayed a light coat of LifeColor Green Brown,after that was allowed to flash off Tamiya Olive Green applied for the top coat.

Next up the Brown
See Ya Later

Paint #2

The Rotbraun

The photo of the front came out a little blue but the other three are about right.
None of the Rotbraun's I have are as dark as the book picture. The clear coat may make it darker?????
I tried two different brand of Red Brown as you might be able to tell.

Any opinions yet?

Paint #2

The Rotbraun Any opinions yet?

I really like that you've managed to lay-down the paint so lightly there's a hint of 'something' underneath. Not sure if that was deliberate but I really like that effect - yes it will darken with a varnish and it'll be interesting to see how that affects the contrast between the tones.

:popcorn

Ian.

That looks really good, Tony. I've always felt the modeling version of rotbraun was darker than it should be, so I think you're spot on. Funny how a little clear coat changes the reflections, huh? (y)

Refraction does amazing things :D
In the dark i'm a handsome young guy but in the day light I look like an OLD MAN :eek:hmy:

That explain why Mrs Tony is always wearing extra dark sunglasses. B)

You go, brother! (y)

Back