• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Marder II

OK OK
You guys asking me how I paint is like Michelangelo asking Grandma Moses how to paint figures. :eek:hmy: :cheer: :laugh:

The Trumpeter Pz.IVb is perfect for this,it's a mess anyway.

Since I use Tamiya Nato Black for the tires and it doesn't brush very well I thin it as much as I would a wash, that's pretty thin. I load a round pointed "0" brush with paint and touch the tire .area where the tire and rim meet allowing the paint to flow around the rim on its on.
While the paint is still wet i'll fill in the rest of the tire side wall.

Next I load up the brush and touch the bearing surface and the insides. I don't really brush on the paint but allow the paint to run for coverage,I might help it along a little but very little.

For the rim and hub brush paint it.

Or if you have the room like this model use your circle template and spray it.

HTH :idonno
Tony lee

Look what I found after 17mos.

I was cleaning up the mess I made during the past year on the bench and found this under a pile of paper towel sheets that were lying on the back of the bench.

I wonder if the paint is dry enough to continue?

You think i'm showing my age?
Tony lee

No wonder I missed this it was a year and a half ago. :blink

Looks real nice Tony Wathing to see how you finish it up as I have one in my stash now. :popcorn

I've spent three days cleaning and putting up stuff and this is as good as it's going to get:

Later folks
Uncle Tony

I found another one (y)
It was on the floor behind a storage rack in the corner. The unopened box was from Sprue Bros dated March 2 2011.

I've already got one in the stash so i'm thinking i'll convert it to a Munitionswagen to go with the other one someday.

Later Folks
Tony lee

Darn I was hoping that you were building something :idonno

This is what happens when you straighten things up :facepalm

Cheers, Christian B)

With this kind of luck maybe I should clean the place up more often. :huh:

Yep Christian i'm about to get with it.

Tony lee

Back