• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML M3 75mm Gun Motor Carriage

No James I missed that one but it has no marking either.
Thanks Zod I just might order those. That's more than i've found even if they are just numbers.

Glad you like it Boss :dance

Later
Tony lee

I guess good pix of this in USMC are hard to find. :(

Before Dave passed away he had shared a ton of his photos with me in private that were to be released in his book, I'm not sure what ever became of that project but I still have all the photos and markings were very sparse on Marine half tracks

Here is an Archer set, But it is in plain green,with the older type front tires.
http://www.archertransfers.com/AR35323.html

I researched that set for Woody as it is one of the few tracks I found with markings.

The vehicle in the photos however has some field modifications which is another one of the reasons I spent so much time researching it. A careful eye will notice a machine gun pintle socket attached to one of the hood leaves on the 'passenger' side, a partial skate rail removed from another half track and welded to brackets and installed above the troop compartment to add some fire power for crew protection, it has the early automotive style headlight guards (with headlights removed), as you mentioned the directional tread tires and of course as all M3 75mm GMC's had, the unditching roller front end.

:v

Also notice the battle damage to the headlight guard...the ones I attempted to build would have been perfect! :rotf

Thanks for the input Ken
After seeing the photos I did notice a lot of crew changes and additions on this M3.
I built these as an OOB laid back project and at first was going to install the roller but since the T19
had one on it I put the winch on this one for variety and other things as well.

I've followed your motto from the start.

"Build what YOU like and Like what YOU build"

Right or wrong I enjoy the hobby :dance
Tony lee

Did the 30cals for the fighting compartment.

Forgot to dry brush the barrels and will do that first thing tomorrow.

Tony lee :)

Back