• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Heuschrecke IVb "Grasshopper" WIP

Looking great :v I'm sure this is going to inspire me to get mine in better shape than it is now.

Tim

Yeah Tony. I picked mine up at a LHS cause it was marked down 50% off retail. Didn't know what to do with it after finding out the Grasshopper's never made it past the testing stage. Ended up doing a half hearted primer paint scheme thinking something will magicaly happen that never did :unsure:

tim
"Better Shape"?????
Didn't know you had one Tim. (y)

Thanks guys
Tony lee

Hey Hey :Hiay

Ammo lockers are done and I started on the lifting gear.
100_1449.jpg

Lots of parts for such a small mechanism.
100_1446.jpg

Three gear disk have to be joined so I put a smear of solder on one side,used pins to aline and index the teeth,stuck the heat to it and sweat soldered them together.
100_1447.jpg

Ain't it cute? That's a tooth pick btw.
100_1448.jpg

I'll assemble the larger gear wheels tomorrow.

Seeya then
Tony lee

Hey Tony,

I said it before but I'm a big fan of your work (y) the master of PE and interior detailing :notworthy

btw that tooth pick is huge!!! :woohoo:

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Erik

Thanks guys, I did good huh? :dance
Plenty to do yet and it ain't over till the fat lady sings. :laugh:

Tony lee

TONY ,

WOW !! :yipee This kicks AZZ !!! Awesome detail & really Clean !! I really Dig th lil' Pulley thing !!

Hands of a Surgeon !! Beautiful work !!

:erik

Next time around that's what i'm going to be is a surgeon.
Hope there's more calls for Brass Monkey Doctors than there is now. :idonno

Tony lee ;)

Hey Tony! Just keep an ear out this winter for brass monkey alerts and you'll be in bidness! B)

Excellent, as always! (y)

Back