• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Destroyed Iraqi T-69II

Hi all

Been a while eh. I couldn't remember the darn password,again. Been rather busy working on something special, and planning a model workshop and demo day for February.

Here is what I am working on.

FOR DISCUSSION ONLY
t55wrecks.jpg

at55campeden1.jpg

This pic inspired me to build that wrecked tank. The base kit is the Tamiya kit, with a lot of scratchbuilding going into it. Here is what has been done so far.

TamiyaT55006.jpg

T55turret012.jpg

rearplate003.jpg

T-55masters007.jpg

motorcomp002.jpg

There is still a lot to do in the interior. Most of what is going into the model will be cast in resin to make painting easy, and for future T-55 wrecks.

Hope you like it so far.

Cheers
Rob

www.scratchmod.com

Work is a bit slow, mainly because of making the masters. The stripped down T-55 motor compartment will be available from Celticwerks. It's for the Tamiya kit and will allow you to create one of those Afgan graveyard tanks, without all the scratchbuilding.
I will also be making the masters for a T-62 motor compartment when the T-55 is done.

Stay tuned folks.

Rob

www.scratchmod.com

...amazing,Rob...very interesting...anxious to see the final results according to your painting style...

Best1

luiz.

Rob, you know you've been away too long when... You can't remember your password!:laugh: You're off to a great start, can't wait to see more!(y)

ROB,

Lookin' Great. & I'm a fan of German armor. Yeah. I'll keep a close eye on this one.

Congrats on the Molds getting picked up !

ERIK

thanks guys, glad you like how it's coming along. I hope to get more done this weekend if I can, and will post pics as well.

Rob

www.scratchmod.com

Just a short update on the progress.

I too love seeing lots of white styrene, scratchbuilding, gotta love it.

After studying reference pics and what drawings I have, I started with some of the details.

motorcomp2001.jpg

motorcomp2011.jpg

motorcomp2012.jpg

motorcomp2009.jpg

All very time consuming but well worth it to get it right. The welds are more from stretched sprue, melted with Tamiya liquid cement and then welds replicated with a dull hobby #11 blade.

That's it for today, a long three hours of fun.

Cheers
Rob

ROB,

Great looking !! I know what you mean about the time. I feel th same way on this Sd.Kfz 7/1 Flak-vierling 38 I'm working on of Dragon's. I'm working with Griffon's Mega-P.E. set for it.

All I can say is one word .... Tedious ! But worth it when it's all said & done !!

Keep going on it Holmzz !! Looks Dyn-o-mite !!:ro:

ERIK

Guys I'm glad you like it so far. Yes it's hard work, but fun at the same time. A tarp would be the quick way :) , but not for what I have planned. The motor comp is made for the Tamiya T-55, so that means it will be much easier to build an Afgan graveyard T-55 with a stripped down m-compartment.:idonno

I'm adding a few details and will try to post pics in a day or two. I have to go to a friends wake today and the funeral tomorrow so there will be little bench time for me.

Cheers
Rob

www.scratchmood.com

:Hiay guys thanks for the great comments, very much appreciated.

Now for a small update of the past two days progress. I worked on and off on this.

Here is were it stands at the moment.

m-compdetail012.jpg

m-compdetail013.jpg

shroud001.jpg

shroud005.jpg

Doesn't look like much, but it will look ok when cast in resin.

Cheers
Rob

www.scratchmod.com

:Hiay guys thanks for the great comments, very much appreciated.

Now for a small update of the past two days progress. I worked on and off on this.

Here is were it stands at the moment.

m-compdetail012.jpg

m-compdetail013.jpg

Snipped:

Doesn't look like much, but it will look ok when cast in resin.

Cheers
Rob

www.scratchmod.com

Doesn't look like much!? Are you blind?! LOL VBG Actually, when I first glanced at these two images I thought I was looking at the interior of an actual tank. Very good work! Will be interested in seeing how it progresses.

Cheers from Peter

Re: Destroyed Iraqi T-69II....motor comp done

Thanks for the comments guys.

:Hiay Guys and gals. I finished off the m-compartment this evening. This is as far as I will go with the fragile details, they won't survive the molding and casting process.

m-compdone012.jpg

m-compdone010.jpg

Now I have to find something to do on the kit itself to keep me busy until I get the resin castings.

Thanks for looking and all comments are appreciated.

Cheers
Rob

www.scrtachmod.com

Back