• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Death Valley Dash Completed

Hey Andy,

Having been in the model publishing business for many years, let me tell you that you have a HUGE amount of company. I have seen so many really good modelers in my life that were never published for that reason alone! That is very common knowledge within the model publishing business!

It's a pity, but if you want your work to be seen and appreciated either in print or on the web, you have to develop at least some skill as a photographer or have a friend that can and will do that for you.

Since the early eighties, I have always did my own photography and learned by trial and error. Over the years, my ex-business partner, and a really good photographer, taught me a lot and later, David Harper, another good photographer helped me with the really technical stuff. I also know that, with few exceptions, the builder of a model has the best eye to photograph his own work. Because you built, detailed, painted and weathered it, you know the best angles to shoot it from as well as the ones to avoid. :) This is especially true with dioramas.

Bob

Hi all

That applies to me big time Bob, got the hat and the t shirt for some really bad pics lol, its an art form in its own right

Cheers Chris

I am going to make it a project in its own right to get my arse in gear and take better pictures as its something that pains me greatly not being able to show something in its full light.

The only thing thats guaranteed is that I am consistant at taking crap pictures ! :D

The only ever time one of my models appeared in a mag the photo was taken by someone else :pinch:

hmmm there`s a reoccurring theme there :blush:

Back