• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CYLON RAIDER 1/32 Scale weathering finished.

CYLON RAIDER 1/32 Scale

That stand look extremely familiar, like from my childhood. Maybe it was a stand for an airliner or Wiley Post "Winnie Mea". You'd think with what you're paying they would make a new stand.
No..I remember now, it was in a kit for an American Airlines kit because there was a decal that fitted that triangle. anyone else remember this?

Bob that stand is from the "OLD" Aurora aircraft kits. Had a yellow Jap plane back in '68 with one of those stands.

Did you make the finish line Ian? Have to remember you are in a way different time zone where you are. Speaking of which, where are you?

CYLON RAIDER 1/32 Scale

:unsure: Well I finished the raider as per a standard build for the completion ribbon, but I won't lie to you I still have more to do as per my own personal preference but I don't believe this effects the criteria of completion. It's finished as per the standard instructions.Also I have come in before US eastern standard time for completion.
I just want to finally achieve a 3rd ribbon :(

1.Base color basic shading/weathering in acrylics.
20170401_103757.jpg

2.metalic color basic shading/weathering in enamels.
20170401_143903.jpg

Keeping my fingers crossed........MP?

Ian.

CYLON RAIDER 1/32 Scale

This really turned out nice Ian! The base model is simple but your paintwork really made it stand out! (y) (y)

CYLON RAIDER 1/32 Scale

;) Finished off my additional shadow and weathering work - I will also post a timeline like I always seem to. I am happy with the sinister feel of the cylon which is what I was striving for. :good:

20170403_014331_001.jpg

20170403_014447.jpg

The way the paint went down....I would like to emphasize the no airbrush was used at any stage in the process.
I did get it out for the first time in 18 months and turned it on, ran some test paint, but ended up not using it on the kit itself as I felt I could achieve the same effects with more subtlety using oils and pigments.
Just goes to show that you can get soft effects without turning on the compressor.

20170101_175409.jpg

20170213_210248.jpg

20170401_103757.jpg

20170401_143903.jpg

20170403_014331_001.jpg

Ian.

CYLON RAIDER 1/32 Scale

Firstly let me say thank you to Chris, Warren, MP, Razordws, Paul and Luiz for your compliments. Sorry for not addressing this before I posted my final shots (It was getting quite late here in downunder land).

That's fantastic! What about the base, was it rattle can?

Hi MP,
no the base was brush painted; at the time my paint evac was not setup so I had no option and then when it was i thought I would challenge myself to brush paint all effects.

Now thinking about doing something for the WW1 campaign.

Ian.

CYLON RAIDER 1/32 Scale

I really like the paint work on the Cylon Ian.

Very nice work (y) you got my interest in the paste but no joy here in the US.

Cheers, Christian B)

I only say this now.

Totally awesome Ian! Amazing! And best of all, no airbrush! This is a real Inspiration for me. Many thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Alex

Back