• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA - Entry - Dragunov - De Tank van de Generaal

Thanks for the comments guys (y)

A little bit of work done on the turret, hope it still has the look of the "Generals Tank". Comments welcome!

29DeTankvandeGeneraal16.jpg

Cheers Erik

Thanks guys :notworthy

Did some work yesterday, and I declare the build part for completed. If you build a model like this you get a lot of "funny" ideas to put on the kit, but I think it's ok now. I guess it's easy to get carried away and overdo it. So this is it;

29DeTankvandeGeneraal18-1.jpg

29DeTankvandeGeneraal17-1.jpg

29DeTankvandeGeneraal20-1.jpg

29DeTankvandeGeneraal19-1.jpg

And with a primer coat;

29DeTankvandeGeneraal22.jpg

29DeTankvandeGeneraal21.jpg

I think it got the looks of "de Tank van de Generaal", comments always welcome!!

Now on to painting! Thanks for looking!

Erik

Admit it Erik...the professor in the cartoon was you all along! :laugh:

Think you nailed it,up to the painting stage sir. :)

Greetings,Ron.

Did some work yesterday, and I declare the build part for completed. If you build a model like this you get a lot of "funny" ideas to put on the kit, but I think it's ok now. I guess it's easy to get carried away and overdo it. So this is it;

And with a primer coat;

I think it got the looks of "de Tank van de Generaal", comments always welcome!!

Erik

Professor... :v

Love this Erik, so how do you "accurately" paint this? :soldier

And with a primer coat;

Erik

Professor... :v

Love this Erik, so how do you "accurately" paint this? :soldier

Good question Bob, I was thinking of doing minimal weathering, a very light wash and a pinwash to give it more depth but no rust etc. What do you guys think?

Erik

You have to think about comic book colors. Think we need to throw a rock at Chuck and get some of his input.

For someone who claims that this is his first scratch built model you did a very good job.
Simply excellent!

Why don't you paint it as in the cartoon?

For someone who claims that this is his first scratch built model you did a very good job.
Simply excellent!

Why don't you paint it as in the cartoon?

Hey Ruben, good to see you again! (y) The problem is I'm not very good at painting models, certainly not if it has to have a cartoon look...but I will try (y)

All the best for the New Year, for yo and your family!!

Erik

Ha- ask the cartoonist! I've been thinking about it, and this would be a great time to use volumetric lighting in an exaggerated style! It would make the shapes pop and emphasize the cartoony nature of the beast. Do some chpping here and there and some good old drybrushing on thos baskets, rivets, etc. Be sure to keep the colors on the bright side- no faded, greyed-out hues here. Dirt here and there- but clean, mostly- with some big, fat boot prints and a hand print or two.

My 2 cents, as requested. What a great model you've made, Erik- cheers!

Ha- ask the cartoonist! I've been thinking about it, and this would be a great time to use volumetric lighting in an exaggerated style! It would make the shapes pop and emphasize the cartoony nature of the beast. Do some chpping here and there and some good old drybrushing on thos baskets, rivets, etc. Be sure to keep the colors on the bright side- no faded, greyed-out hues here. Dirt here and there- but clean, mostly- with some big, fat boot prints and a hand print or two.

My 2 cents, as requested. What a great model you've made, Erik- cheers!

Thanks Chuck for the advise (y) very helpfull, now I "only" have to apply it on the model, but that's a nice challange!

Thanks again

erik

I think it looks awesome. Really cool (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

I am just that impressed with it :D BTW I cant seenm to find the comics anywhere. Its even harder to find than Asterix was.
James

Back