• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Completed M4A3E8 Sherman Korea

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Project transfered from old site. Comments are welcome.

3974101465_3d04016396_o.jpg

3974102313_dc14fe1e21_o.jpg

3974868676_2072a9599a_o.jpg

3974869474_12e7266dd7_o.jpg

3974104723_258857ec04_o.jpg

3974105349_12bd559837_o.jpg

3974106077_39d0ecc83d_o.jpg

8)

Just amazing work , your 3D tracks rock ! I have a set for an Amtank and you can not believe the detail in them :cheer:

Jenny :kiss:

BTW, there is a picture my Dad took when he was in Korea of this (I believe) same type of tank.
3-16-2006-12.jpg
I find it interesting the way stuff is stowed, the jerrycan on the front, even name the can. There are some more pictures in b/w but I have not scanned them yet.

That is a cool picture. Would be interested to see more of them.

Terry B)

There are two more. One where Dad is steping on the side, looks like from the embankment where it is hull down behind, and another very bad b/w of it moving into position. I was able to tell from the unit markings that it was in the 7thID/31st Reg, same as Dad's unit though he was in HQ. But considering the subject matter, even bad pictures are better than none.

Oddly Dad has more pictures of Deuce & half and Bulldozers than he does the Tanks he saw. That's where his interest was.

Bob Robert wrote:
There are two more. One where Dad is steping on the side, looks like from the embankment where it is hull down behind, and another very bad b/w of it moving into position. I was able to tell from the unit markings that it was in the 7thID/31st Reg, same as Dad's unit though he was in HQ. But considering the subject matter, even bad pictures are better than none.

Oddly Dad has more pictures of Deuce & half and Bulldozers than he does the Tanks he saw. That's where his interest was.
Bob,
The color picture is just great. It really gives me a sense of what tanks looked like even the color of the soil. This tank is one of three that I plan to do for a Korea diorama so some of the color blanks have been filled. Thanks!!!

Terry (y)

Thanks Ant!! Just some odds and ends from the spares box.

Terry B)

MrT wrote:
Bob Robert wrote:

Bob,
The color picture is just great. It really gives me a sense of what tanks looked like even the color of the soil. This tank is one of three that I plan to do for a Korea diorama so some of the color blanks have been filled. Thanks!!!

Terry (y)

Terry I missed this response. Dad was really into photography back in the day. If you look at the rest of the pictures you will see a lot of color photos from Korea and even Wake IslandHere's the link and help yourself to anything you need.

Back