• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Commissar Yarrick

MichelC

Some modelers have assistants and I always wished to have one too! So I got myself one in the person of Commissar Yarrick, no less!

Well, he still needs to have some life imbued into him before he takes his place on the battlefield...er...on the bench I mean, but the groundwork has been done.

This is a GW Citadel Finecast resin figure. The detail is nicely intricate but the casting leaves a lot to be desired as you can see on the pix.

preps004.jpg

preps001.jpg

Our dear commissar was clearly in need of augmetics!

preps022.jpg

Brass mechadendrites and green hair are just the thing!

preps021.jpg

preps017.jpg

That Storm Bolter was in serious need of improvement!

preps005.jpg

This is much better!

preps018.jpg

I'll spare you the work done to fix the countless micro bubbles and separating the parts attached to each other by blobs of resin.

preps011.jpg

preps014.jpg

Don't laugh but this preps job took me about a month. I'm happy to be done with it and ready for the coat of primer.

More to come...

M

Thank you very much to all of you for your comments! :drinks

I've plenty to learn when it comes to painting figures but I'm sure I'm in the right place to get all the help I need!

M

A little progress: the mini was fixed to its base and the latter was textured with sand and PVA glue. Rather basic but that's deliberate as a more elaborate base would distract from the figure itself, I believe.

base003.jpg

Then the entire figure was primed. Too much intricate detail for the spray can so I used the airbrush and Mr. surfacer 1200 as primer.

priming002.jpg

The priming revealed quite a few overlooked flaws, as expected. Especially on the coat that is still pitted with air bubbles is spite of my earlier attempts at fixing them.

M

Back