• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cessna 402

tomwes

I took these pic's this past November at our local airports Aviation Day. This aircraft flies daily to Key West, FL from either Ft. Myers or Naples, FL
SHARKMOUTH!!!!!!!!!!
AviationDays002.jpg

AviationDays003.jpg

The gentleman on the side of the aircraft is Capt. Tony Terracino, who passed away in 2007 at the age of 92. Capt. Tony was a fishing guide, bootlegger, former mayor of Key West and owned Capt. Tony's Saloon in Key West among other things. When he passed his oldest son was 72 and his youngest was 18....Go Capt. Tony :cheer: :cheer:

AviationDays001.jpg

I don't know if this is a DC-3 or C-47 but it has been re-powered with turbo shaft engines, it is owned by the Lee county Mosquito Control District
AviationDays009.jpg

AviationDays011.jpg

AviationDays012.jpg

AviationDays010.jpg

Tom

Not a sharkmouth, a shark head!

I don't think there is a kit of that aircraft but what wild decals that would make!

Regards,

One sure fire way to tell if that's a DC3 or C47 is the tail cone, if it's blunt, it's a C47, if it's conical it's a DC3. I know that's not the only way but it's the one that I know off the top of my head.

Well, the plot thickens as Lee County has three Gooney Birds, a DC-3, C-47, and C-117 all of which received turboprop engines this year.

I will try to find serials or registrations (not so easy for my military oriented library)

[Edit] DC-3 Civil Registration N834M Construction Number 26211

[Edit number 2] Gremlin Models makes Cessna 402 Businessliner kit in 1/72nd scale but what a price!

Regards,

Back