• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bronco's Archer

I have no idea what I am looking at, I gather it is a tracked vee hickle but the curiosity has me in her grasp as to why the star on the left side is crooked. Maybe you mentioned it before, Tony so I'll just shut up and go home.

Well Paul it seems the Canadians didn't particularly like the idea of putting those stars on their machines so as a protest when ever they got the chance they would paint them on crooked in at least one place.

That is a Valentine chassis with a 17 pounder anti tank gun mounted facing the rear because of it's length thereby reducing the overall length of the veicle. The tank was backed into position for firing but on the plus side it could make a quick get away when it had to. :eek:hyeah

Now you know the rest of the story Paul

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Well Paul it seems the Canadians didn't particularly like the idea of putting those stars on their machines so as a protest when ever they got the chance they would paint them on crooked in at least one place.

That is a Valentine chassis with a 17 pounder anti tank gun mounted facing the rear because of it's length thereby reducing the overall length of the veicle. The tank was backed into position for firing but on the plus side it could make a quick get away when it had to. :eek:hyeah

Darned tootin, Imagine Stars on a Canuk vehicle :rotf

I got to looking at it today and realized the decals are not covered by a sealer coat so I did
that.
Starting on the washes tomorrow.

Darned tootin, Imagine Stars on a Canuk vehicle :rotf

That is a rather subtle tilt. I have seen pictures of Canadian vehicles with stars painted on upside down.
I have read that it was an offical order from Canadian HQ to tilt the star.

Cheers,
Rich

Weathering and making up tow cables for the Archer as we speak.
Taking a break right now so an update will follow a little later. :D

Final Update

FINI:

I gave that inspector a bottle of mother natures best and told him to take a hike. :bat

That's one more removed from the hit list :eek:hyeah

Back