• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

New technique...something that us mere mortals can achieve???
I will watch and listen with much interest (doesn't mean I'll be able to do it though :blink )
See you Friday night.

Oh those additions are the "top of the Mark" :good: to your fine painting. It will give the recipient a well rounded feel of what is depicted and put in context, what the picture so ably portrays (y)

New technique...something that us mere mortals can achieve???
I will watch and listen with much interest (doesn't mean I'll be able to do it though :blink )
See you Friday night.
Hi Peter,
it's just a basic way of laying down a large area of paint with a weathered appearance. As I spoke to you at the expo I am still working tings out but is just another way of achieving a finish. I think it will be different to the sponge method (that Matt mentioned) as that deals with small areas only - i want to easily deal with large areas like wings or 1/16 tank bodies. Not even sure it will work as it's still just an idea without a tested physical application method yet. :good:

Ian.

Oh those additions are the "top of the Mark" :good: to your fine painting. It will give the recipient a well rounded feel of what is depicted and put in context, what the picture so ably portrays (y)

Thanks Prop Duster, appreciate the feedback (sorry i was a little delayed in responding).

Ian.

Awesome artwork, as usual!

D920Rhein-Main20airfeild_zpsaxfbg9l5.jpg

Always good to have as much reference as possible...

h6c3d2dd.jpg

Regards,

B) Thanks again Saul for the extra reference shot.....because I have this plane in a series of photos from every angle I am thinking of a multiple angle painting and have already purchased the fw190 in 1/24 scale plus accessories to do a dio to go with it for my personal gallery and model collection room.

Ian.

True artist Ian :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Wish I could have visited Melbourne the other week, unfortunately, it was impossible for me to come to the Expo.

Perhaps Canberra in November?

Laurence

Hello again, i have finished the concept for my D9 and have started the digital paint for the finished version. I am also working on my 1/24 scale model at the same time which will be done like the plane in the painting. The best photo i have is the one Saul provided on the previous page and will be a great help for a limited edition painting as well as my model.
Thanks again Saul , I really appreciated you supplying that pic.

FW9~0.jpg

Also for something a little different, I am doing a series of rusty cars, the first being a fictional model that is a mix of a number of others. It's called the beast but I am only about 60% of the way through it at this point.

rusty_car1_1_003.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
Ian.

Brilliant work Ian, it really is :D

Here's a thought ... you know the modern style of having, let's say a painting spread over a number of canvases (or a print of a photo etc)? How about having a composition like you just did, and other canvases around it / next to it, showing the same plane from different angles?

May end up being a little bit to eclectic, but, if I had your talent, I would give it a go.

Cheers,

Laurence

Oh Ian-

Love the Luftwaffe birds work but I'm really excited about the rusty cars...love the look of the abandoned hulks- reminds me of when I was a kid playing in my grandpa's fields with his old trucks. Are you also working on matching plastic model?

That's awesome. :notworthy

I have a picture of a 50s era Chrysler buried in woods like that, I mean literally.

Ian, both of these look spectacular! I love the realism here. I am overwhelmed at the quality of your incredible work!

Brilliant work Ian, it really is :D

Here's a thought ... you know the modern style of having, let's say a painting spread over a number of canvases (or a print of a photo etc)? How about having a composition like you just did, and other canvases around it / next to it, showing the same plane from different angles?

May end up being a little bit to eclectic, but, if I had your talent, I would give it a go.

Cheers,

Laurence
Laurence, you are very close to what i was thinking for a limited edition on this D9. My idea is to use both angles on one large painting, one above the other, with a blending of the backgrounds or a fade to white in the middle. It would certainly be something different.
Thank you for the input mate.

Ian

Oh Ian-

Love the Luftwaffe birds work but I'm really excited about the rusty cars...love the look of the abandoned hulks- reminds me of when I was a kid playing in my grandpa's fields with his old trucks. Are you also working on matching plastic model?

Jeeves, thanks and i know what you mean, there is something great but intangible about rusty cars. No model for this particular one but i have a great idea in mind for a 2010 Mustang in 1/12.(one in the stash)
No time just now though. :coolio

Ian

Back