• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

Awesome. Another one I need to get. I love that pilot awaiting pickup. Will have to save some coins first :)
JAmes

Hi James, thank you.
No problem. I will give the MA discount .....just send me an email when you want it and we can do it all through my website.

Ian.

Wow! Those are awesome paintings Ian! I really liked the Me109 on the Russian steppes. (y)

I_LIKE_IT.jpg

How about a Jagdpanzer IV or a StuG,those two seem to be popular with the masses. :eek:hyeah

Tony lee :eek:ldguy
:hmmm sounds like a good idea (y) thanks Tony.

Mike - sounds like you think it's a good idea too!

HE - thank you. Yeah, i really liked the G2 in that one, the grey came out just the way I wanted it.

**Update - my Panther is at 95% - have done a couple of 'all nighters' like i used too on my dioramas before a competition or show!

Ian.

**Update - my Panther is at 95% - have done a couple of 'all nighters' like i used too on my dioramas before a competition or show!

So I should be bringing in some strong coffee net weekend? :java

So I should be bringing in some strong coffee net weekend? :java
:laugh: (y) ABsolutely!
The coffee at the Expo is awful.
Looking forward to catching -up with you Pete. :frantic

Luiz and Paul Thank you guys. :)

Well I finally finished it this morning at 7.30 am after another "all nighter".......I think I am down nearly 2 days now, but I got this finished and off to the printer to ready for next weekend :gogo
I think it was worth the extra effort.....this one took about 130 hrs and was painted completely by hand on a digital painting tablet no canvas at all. I find myself tempted by the Dark side more and more... :evil:
Seriously though I feel this has been my best work so far and has really pushed my skill set . At least I can get back to modelling my 110 now!
The_Final_offensive.jpg

Stunning work Ian! Magnificent job! I am on total awe at your incredible skills.

Maybe one of your next subjects could be something Allied; like maybe a Pershing laying in wait for an oncoming German column. Or maybe something similar to the famous picture of the Pershing engaging the Panther in front of the Cologne Cathedral with the Pershing foremost in the picture. Just some crazy ideas from me.

Beautiful Ian!

I would agree that it's your best so far, of course, I haven't seen them all!

It has what I like in a painting or sculpture or diorama. It has a haunting, poignant "feel" to it, in other words, it has a soul that can be felt, not just seen. Know what I mean?

Bob

Awesome artwork, as usual!

D920Rhein-Main20airfeild_zpsaxfbg9l5.jpg

Always good to have as much reference as possible...

h6c3d2dd.jpg

Regards,

Ian
I have been digin' a coal mine under my living room floor, so just caught up to this great artistic effort.

Congratulations on making the transition to the artistic side. It looks to be a sound choice.

:) Thanks for all the support guys......

Tony, thanks mate.

Peter, thank you....see you at expo.

MP, thank you. I wish it was that good.

Christian, thanks mate. You are always very interested and i appreciate it.

Duke, thank you and a great idea that i will consider further.

Bob, glad you get that vibe as it is just what i was trying to achieve with the colors and that particular angle on the tank. Great to get that feedback :good:
thank you.

Saul, thanks for that pic.....i didn't have that one and did not even no it existed!

Steve, thank you.
A coal mine?.....

As a little more on the Panther i completed the Unit card that goes with this piece and had nearly as much fun creating it as doing the actual painting. It gives the collector a further dimension to the painting and provides a colorful companion piece as well as an overview of the painting and elements on the back.
Aside from that i think it's a really cool little piece that i put a lot of effort into. The curious aspect in doing this was i discovered a new finishing technique that i can apply to my model armor.
Bingo baby!
:dude
I love all the scratches and wear, it was such fun to create and create the old document look.
Inked1st_ss_panzer_div_LI.jpg

InkedPAGE_2_DAMAGED_BALATON_LI.jpg

Back