• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Big Berlin Street Fighter

Tojo72

Well I still have no start date in sight,but I wanted to get my initial shot posted.It will be OOB unless I go with Friul tracks.I look foward to this one,if it builds anything like the Jagdtiger,it will be a nice project.

DSC00867.jpg

From what I've read about the Tamiya kit, it ought to be a sweet build, Anthony. Good luck, I'll be following your progress! (y)

Sorry guys still got a couple of things to finish up,but the campaign is for a year,so I got plenty of time.

Re: Big Berlin Street Fighter Got Started

Well I guess there still is a group build going on,either way,I wanted to get the beast started.So far so good,an easy build,did the road wheels and fitted the friuls,82 links seem to work.I'm going to try to break up the monochromatic paint job by trying to vary it by trying the oil-dot filter method for the 1st time.

DSC01237.jpg

DSC01233.jpg

DSC01234.jpg

DSC01235.jpg

DSC01236.jpg

you dang skippy the GB is going forward! Looking good so far.

Looking good so far, Anthony! How is the Tamiya kit, as good as advertised?

Re: Big Berlin Street Fighter 11-26

Ready to paint the beast.One warning,if you want to use the commanders figure,you must add him before you add the turret ring,otherwise he will not fit thru the opening !!.He is posed with his arms folded as if he would be leaning on the outside of the hatch,but he really sits down low with only his head sticking out,and once the ring is in,he doesn't fit thru.guess I should have paid better attention.Here are some more shots.

DSC01238.jpg

DSC01239.jpg

DSC01240.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

Nice work so far Anthony , ......... Squish the Fish this Sunday , ...........

Tracks came out way cool !!!

Andy,that's the July 2010 Tamiya Model Magazine,had a real nice article by Kristof Pulinckx

Raider ,

Whats the reference material that youre using in the background in the pictures? :)
So... I'm not the oly one curious about that, eh? Very nice build of a very interestig subject: I too like Soviet armor a lot, for the same reason you do, raiderfan: they look tough and mean!

Cheers and thanx for sharing!
Fernao

EDIT: your last post didn't appear on my PC, raiderfan, that's why I made the same question Andy did...

Re: Big Berlin Street Fighter 12-13

Some more progress:Tracks painted,tank painted,a buff colored wash applied to tank and road wheels,still got a lot more to go:

DSC01261.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01266.jpg

DSC01265.jpg

DSC01263.jpg

DSC01262.jpg

Blimey where the Russians shortsighted ?

I mean they need to build bigger tanks to put the numbers on !!!

Raider excuse the humour, I think the beast is coming along really well :)

Back